DCU: What Do You Like About DC Universe? And What Would You Change?

Is there any way that the organization of the Reading Library could be improved? I LOVE that there are so many titles to choose from now and that more titles continue to be added, but it’s getting pretty hard to browse the library now. The sorting options and filters are a good start to be sure, I wouldn’t want to see those options abandoned. And of course, you can always use the search to find something specific, which is nice, but sometimes I would like to browse through certain sections of the library, but then I think about how far down I’m going to have to scroll to get there, and it’s just kinda daunting. Adding the option to select specific letters would be great - say I wanted to browse all comic series titles that start with “M”, for example, I simply click on “M”. That sort of thing.

All in all, I’m really glad that this is a problem because it means that there are thousands of comics for us to enjoy now! But, I’m hoping that as more titles are added the ability to search and browse them can also be updated and improved too :catwoman_hv_1:

1 Like

@Kam about the comic quality on desktop browser, it actually sounds like it might be your screen resolution settings. I read comics on my Surface Book 2 all the time and they look amazing. I set it on full screen and it is crystal clear and sharp and let’s me read in HD quality, but only if I have my resolution settings optimized. I keep my display resolution set to 3000 x 2000 and my scale and layout set to 200%, but every device is different and those settings may not be right for you. This may be a problem that DCU tech support could help you solve now though.

1 Like

Thank you for the great list of pros and cons to take under consideration, @Kam - we’re happy to have you, and appreciate the best wishes! @CharlieSheensDealer gave a response to your post, and I just wanted to second the idea, adding the Customer Service ticket link in case you need it.

Thank you for being such a great help, as well, @CharlieSheensDealer! I can understand why searching for a specific title and issue can be difficult with there being so many to choose from, too, so we definitely hear you, and I’m passing your suggestion onto the dev team!

2 Likes

You should add new release Warner Animation Movies to the library at the same time as DVD releases. Case in point–Wonder Woman: Bloodlines. As much as I want to watch this I am CERTAINLY not going to go out and buy a copy while I am paying for this service.

I’d love for the writers of Harley Quinn to stop putting in anti-semitic jokes and themes. Episode 2 took Penguin and made him a Jewish caricature. Episode five referenced “Jewish lightning,” etc. There’s a difference between writing a show about villains and writing a show to shoehorn in racism. Sure, have villains be villains - racist, sexist, etc. The difference between the anti-semitism and everything else has been that within the show’s dialogue the sexism and other issues have been framed as being things which make people bad. Meanwhile jokes that stereotype and malign Jewish people have been played for laughs. The true villains of the show are supposed to be the members of the Rogue Galleries, not the writers.

Improve Chromecast access on iPad.

Currently, there is a Chromcast Icon on the main (home) screen. So, to use it, I have to activate it there, then go find the episode I want to watch.

Can we have it on the the actual video screen itself (an example would be the placement on YouTube).
This would make it much more convenient to access and use.

Thanks!

1 Like

I would love “undo” and “redo” buttons in the editor!

1 Like

I love the “comic-linked Community threads” within a series! They are inconsistent (some entries don’t even have forums) and mostly barren though - all added by admin_dcu. I look forward to posting directly to the related content and would encourage DCU to promote and create more of these as I think they have value to others as well, existing outside of the user-created posts/topics.

Here’s an example of Batman & Robin, which contains the Community threads, updated by only 1 user at the moment (me).

Here is Birds of Prey, with no Community threads.

1 Like

@andrewbuttery as was announced in October, the animated movies will come to the service 90 days after the blu Ray release

Thank you for the continued support and suggestions, everyone! I’ve made a note about the feedback here and will be sure to let the team know. It’s always very important to us to hear back from our amazing community about the changes you’d like to see.

@andrewbuttery, I do have good news for you! Wonder Woman: Bloodlines is coming to DC Universe very soon, and in fact will be added January 22nd. Our Coming Soon & Last Chance thread for January covers all of the changes to DC Universe content, if you’d like to take a look. I’d also suggest keeping an eye on the Watchtower, as we do post updates whenever content is going to be added or removed.

2 Likes

It would be cool in the future to play DC games on here as well. I know its a long shot but games are the only thing missing, you have everything else on here. Just imagine reading a Batman comic, watching a Batman movie or tv episode, then playing a Batman game, then buying a new Batman t-shirt all in one spot!! Also you guys seriously need to put the Donnor cut of Superman 2 up here as it is far superior to the theatrical release. All in all I’m very pleased with DC Universe! Please keep up the good work and thank you for listening to your fans! God bless!

3 Likes

It’s been said before but I’d really like to jump to a specific year or letter of the alphabet when searching the archives.

5 Likes

The recommendation I sent to support (because I hadn’t spotted this thread, yet) was for a version of the comic list that was paged (with a table of contents) instead of an infinite scroll. The letter problem might be OK, but there are so many titles that start with “The”…

1 Like

Please put in the dark knight movies!!

2 Likes

Add a weekly news article or post of new DC publications each Wednesday.

I get all of my comic book news from the app. If I see an article or people talking about a new comic that interests me, I buy it.

DC Daily has a segment for new comics, but I don’t always have time to pause the show and take notes on what’s new. A simple weekly list would be great.

2 Likes

@JLWWSM

I mise responding to @Vroom listing major titles each week.and me responding to him.

Last one was maybe three weeks ago.

Comic Book Roundup

Reviews most major titles each week.starting on.Wednesday

Approaches

Just see average of each title

Look.at summary of each critique of a title

Look.at the actual critique

1 Like

Where are today’s comics?

1 Like

Hi @TurokSonOfStone1950!
I miss it too, it was fun and he did a great job. But I also think it’s fairer if DCU takes on that task instead of having a member volunteer their personal time to create the list of DC’s weekly publications. If the news article was created each week, a member could post a topic that links to the news article and then people could discuss it at their leisure, instead someone having to do the work of preparing the list each week. That’s just my two cents on the matter.

1 Like

@JLWWSM

How do you link.to a News Article?

I know how to link

To a Community.Topic

An d to.issues in the library

I have to use the browser to attempt to find the article
I can’t do it in the app.

I want to know how
Because new members.
Keep asking for comic book recommendation in Community

And
SEARCH for newe doesnt work AT ALL for News. You just get recent articles unrelated to the SEARCH. words

And
Only a few
GET TO KNOW In Comic Books
Have the Rrading Guife for that character

Batman
Dick Grayson
The Teen Titans
The Flash
Superman
Supergirl
Wonder Woman

1 Like

The only way I know how to do it is from the DCU website: copy the web address / URL of the specific news article and paste it into a post.