OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

She’s so sassy, I love it!

Here’s what I’ve got cracks knuckles

Undo & Redo Buttons in the Editor

Let me ask the devs about this- I imagine you’d like the history the system’s memory holds to be quite a few steps? I wonder what the standard is on this.

Community-Linked Comic Threads

Ah, yes, you and the fam are sweet summer children of Community 2.0! Gather round, KeyFamily, and I’ll tell you a tale. We had another community, once. It was wild, and rough, and it was ours. That community, while limited, was simple enough for us to integrate the system into our content comments. When we released Community 2.0 in late October, it came time to estimate how we would incorporate those comments. This is still very much on the table, but it is not yet at its optimal elegance. What you see is the sacrifice made to summon 2.0 into existence in the Community section. We continue to iterate on that experience in the content, but it is admittedly not beautiful.

At this time I am pushing very hard to overhaul the design and interactivity of our poppin’ Community Events section, but the Content Comments will become a stronger priority in late Q2.

Availability of Books in the DCU Store

Excellent question! I think generally we are doing our best to define ourselves as the digital resource for issues that are hard to find in retailers. This is a big part of the reason for our year delay between when issues hit shelves and when they land on our service. We have fond memories of our friendly local comic shops and want to support them as best we can while still providing a fulfilling fan engagement service.

At this time that’s not a HUGE priority, however, we do discuss rewards programs such as a membership of DC Universe earning you discounts at participating retailers. A pipe dream, but this is the kind of conversation that manifests into.

Great questions, very insightful!

4 Likes