DCU’s Stargirl is still happening. Here’s proof + New Logo!

Just in time for HBO Max release

Disappointing. :confused:

Great Stargirl is definitely one of the shows I have been, since the announcement, and I am very much looking forward to!

2 Likes

I’m pretty hyped for it myself. Looking forward to finding out more about it when we can!

2 Likes

Exposing it to a larger audience is a good thing, more eyeballs means more likely dollars (for a season 2 perhaps.)

1 Like

I just read an article that the show is going to air on both DC Universe and on CW. Good for the show probably but I’m seriously wondering why I’m paying for a service that seems to be starting to air shows on other services I already have or which are available for free.

1 Like

If it moved to being broadcast on CW as well, what slot are they filling?

The article didn’t say. Arrow ends this season though, so there’s room there. Here is the article :
https://stargirl.tv/dc-universe-the-cw-to-broadcast-stargirl

Just my opinion, but I won’t put a lot of stock into anything that’s not an official announcement. “A source close to the show” could be the caterer for all we know. We’ll find out for sure eventually!

Last I recall, wasn’t there supposed be a Canaries spin off to test in Arrows slot?

Yes. Green Arrow and the Canaries with an officially announced backdoor pilot. There’s also a rumored Lois and Superman show.

If Stargirl were to be broadcast on The CW, I don’t think it would take up any of the network’s ‘primary’ timeslots, so we’d be looking at a Saturday ‘rerun’ schedule.

That is a dan site, would not take it seriously yet. When the CW rumor started DCU and Warner were quick to debunk it. Not ayi g it is impossible but seems odd a fan site like that knew the news before literally anyone else.

1 Like

@DanTheManOne1 Stargirl.TV may be a fan-run site, but that does not mean that it is automatically without credibility. The individuals behind it also run sites dedicated to Batwoman and Supergirl and have established legitimate contacts within the productions of both of those series, so it is not out of the question that they would have done so with Stargirl as well.

I am also familiar enough with their spoiler practices to feel confident in saying that they would not have published the article that they did if they were not 100% confident in and had vetted the information that they were given.

I hope we get Stargirl after Harley Quinn. I have liked all of the DCU exclusives thus far.

Fair enough and I don’t know it won’t happen. Just saying so far that seems to be the only one reporting it so people should wait and see before they take it as a press release. Especially ones who might be getting upset about it. But yeah, it is not automatically without credibility and I assume if they are reporting it they think it is true. I don’t think they are pulling a We Got This Covered and making things up for hits or anything.

1 Like

Oh, I agree with that, too. Definitely not comparable to the ridiculousness of We Got This Covered.

Well then.

1 Like

Had a feeling it was accurate. The Supergirl.TV reporting has been pretty reliable and they are the same people. It’s disappointing though.

Well looks like it was true. Not that I flat out dismissed it but was doubtful so will admit when I am wrong.

I honestly have no issues with this as far as it airing on both. Although I hope the fact this is the second show that will be airing more or less at the same time on somewhere else is not a bad sign of anything. Don’t want to make a speculation of anything, but does make me wonder if change in how these shows will be released isn’t on the horizon. Guess only time will tell.