DCFAC: Fourth of July Art

Great job IMM, that angle looks mad difficult and the concept just made me lol great idea!

@RobArt471 manhunter looks so intense and strong :+1:

@TheRealDetectiveChimp you got a lot of detail in his face for 5 mins well done!!

@_UnderScore ugh wonder woman is the perfect fit for this and she looks amazing in that outfit.

2 Likes

@CynicalPink Lane looks boss. I like you went with the animated version, and I really like your rumpled jacket. (Its so hard to get those little details for me anyway) question do you hand draw then scan and color? Or all by hand?

@Goldk Nice pun and a great job. Really good action shot and cobblestones.

1 Like

Thank you, @CynicalPink ! Those cobblestones were a labor of love! I always appreciate the fine details you see all the time! It really makes my day!

1 Like

Thank you for recognizing that! I thought, “Oh, I got a unique idea!” Hamilton, he is an immigrant founding father (J’onn being from Mars is an immigrant), stole 21 cannons from the British (with his militia, not by himself), and gave us our national banking program (hence the bank). When I saw what others had done, I realized I am in a group of real artistic great thinkers here!! Again, I am so inspired by everyone here, such amazing artists!

2 Likes

@_UnderScore The setting makes this so perfect! Great detail to the perspective and shading, too! Absolutely beautiful hair and face! You “caught” the shoe toss in freeze-frame, AMAZING!

1 Like

@CynicalPink You’re not right. Justice was done here in so many ways! First, you have enlighten at least another person of Marguerite Higgins! Also, your work is so classic and fits so well into what choices you made for this one. The shading and tinting are perfection! She is a perfect reproduction of Lois Lane, no doubt it is her! Love the wrinkles in the clothing. That can be so difficult to get right and you did!!

1 Like

Thanks @ImpulseMaxMercury, The street and cannons were the most difficult part. The perspective got a little away from me in this one, but it worked out and thank you for noticing! As for the cannons story, my daughter suggested it, cause she loves Alexander Hamilton, and the musical (and me too now that I watched it last night). I was stuck until she suggested it. I researched it and found he did, with his militia, steal 21 out of 24 cannons from the British in NYC at the beginning of the revolutionary rebellion.

2 Likes

@Goldk I just love this one. It is perfect in form and function! Flash as Paul Revere, friggin’ brilliant! Artistically, the action is superb, the coloring it eye catching and the lighting used is that touch that sends it over the top to me. Thank you!

PS
The cobblestone is so much better than mine, I am jealous! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Z-A-C Absolutely perfect! E’nuff said.

2 Likes

@stefanie.m I am glad you included the B&W version. The colored version is super nice, but the B&W version has something I can’t quite put a finger on, that makes it special. Maybe it is that I am thinking of old things for the holiday and the B&W “feels” more old to me. Great job either way!!

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch!! He was fun to draw. I have NEVER drawn him before so I had fun!!

2 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury Love the mobius chair. That is an inspired concept. Love the bat symbol on the front. Reminds me of the logo from the tv show!
@RobArt471 Don’t be jealous, you got the perspective going on! I’ve known art students who wouldn’t have even attempted perspective, it can be a challenge. You’ve done not only the road but the bank and the windows, the letters, the cannons, plus the hardest perspective of all the figure! It all looks awesome!
@TheRealDetectiveChimp Your two face is iconic. I really like the stark contrast of the inks as well. I like that style. Cool beans!
@_UnderScore This is so cool. It took me a second to get it, Like a dawning realization and then it made perfect sense! Who better to exemplify Mr. Rogers than the Princess of Peace. And just enough of the set to have no doubt exactly where she is. Most excellent!
@CynicalPink Perfect. not only is the art fantastic as always but your choice of historical figure and character are perfect. And those ethereal washes. Love it. Reminds me of Gene Colon and Gray Morrow. It’s like you draw with whispers.
@Z-A-C Excellent! I can see Edison’s likeness and Luthors! I would buy that as a full blown story! Oh the possibilities! Love the power suit in the background!
@stefanie.m Wow is that markers you colored with? I t reminds me off a painting. She’s staring at me. Make her stop. Really well done.

6 Likes

@Goldk Yes all old timey photos feel like that glad you got that vibe :joy: haha thanks just regular copic markers.

Clara-Barton-photograph-Mathew-B-Brady-1866

@RobArt471 thanks for the kind words. I do too but once I started coloring I thought I’d post it anyway, the color shows more of the flaws :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Excellent Work!

2 Likes

SO COOL!!! @TheRealDetectiveChimp

1 Like

@Goldk This looks so cool! Love the perspective choice and the mixing of Paul Revere and Barry Allen. Awesome job with the lantern lighting! For your other drawing, great job :joy: I love it!

@Z-A-C Nice job on Lex Edison! I particularly like how you did the background.

@stefanie.m I like both the black and while and the colored version! I really like how it has the “old photo pose” look. I also like the hair highlight on the bangs - it helps give the hair more dynamic. Wonderful job!

3 Likes

@Goldk I love the historical mashup here! The colonial interpretation of the Flash with the same color scheme made it seem like he time traveled there and fought crime against the redcoats. Very cool but how do the flames in the lanterns stay lit when running so fast?

1 Like

@Goldk I love the bonus! This was so funny and the reaction of the person coming into seeing the naked blue guy was priceless. Dr Manhattan would be involved in science like this for sure.

1 Like

@Z-A-C great! You know some people said Edison was a true villain stealing other people’s ideas and passing off as his own do why not have Lex take his place? He is a true genius after all. Maybe our electricity would be powered by Kryptonite and Superman would be no more due to it being everywhere. Great job!

3 Likes

@stefanie.m I think this was great! It was obscure at least to me which I love. When I read this was the Nightmare Nurse then the juxtaposition made sense and makes you wonder how history would have changed. Don’t worry about the coloring I think both look very good and capture the history well.

2 Likes