DCFAC: Fourth of July Art

Are you trying to say that as a compliment?

2 Likes

Yes. Yes I am.

2 Likes

Rad. I’m glad you added the story.

1 Like

@_UnderScore Wonder Woman looks great! I have to agree with CP that you did an awesome job with her hair. Nice work!

@CynicalPink I really like the stylistic choice for this piece - it looks incredible! The story is also really interesting; thank you for sharing it!

Happy Fourth of July to both of you!!

2 Likes

@RobArt471 great job especially with the shadows and the perspective of the cannons behind him. I’m not familiar with Hamilton dragging the cannons but i didn’t care because I just enjoyed seeing a favorite like Martian Manhunter and could tell the story!

2 Likes

@TheRealDetectiveChimp that was very well done for a quick sketch. I am even more amazed with how good the circle looks as I have trouble drawing it free hand. I know as I just drew a certain Marvelous character for the holiday and the shield was the hardest part. I really like how you captured his face with all the shading very creepy

1 Like

@_UnderScore I want to be your neighbor. You picked a real American icon and the drawing was so inviting. Instead of land of make believe do they go to Themyscira? Very nice.

1 Like

@CynicalPink great job! Your drawing had a very Darwyn Cooke look to it which seems to fit the time period. And I got a history lesson about someone who sounds like the real life Lois Lane. I don’t know if she was influenced by her since she was in the 1950s and Lois was earlier but maybe later depictions were. Very nice.

1 Like

Thanks man! I was looking for ideas and looked at a picture of him on the chair and it was almost identical in my mind to the memorial. Thanks for the compliment about the best so far! Really means a lot to me and I’m proud of it

2 Likes

Thanks for the compliment! I was really proud of how I made the clothes of Mobius look like he was wearing them to match Lincoln. The mashup just came to me when I saw Mobius on his chair looking just like the memorial. I am really proud of this one and my shading and I’m glad others like it too

1 Like

Thanks! The chair was a blend of Mobius’ chair and how the memorial looked so I tried to incorporate both. I’m glad you liked it!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

This came to me in a (wait for it) Flash.

16 Likes

You know how sometimes you get an idea in your head and it just won’t leave until you draw it out. . .

12 Likes

These are awesome™️

2 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one who forgot. Here is Lex as Edison.

13 Likes

Asa as Clara Barton she brought supplies and cared for soldiers during the civil war, she also founded the red cross.

Sometimes things are better left in black and white :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Nice​:blush: Great idea!

1 Like

@Z-A-C this all day! I love when villians get some love and Lex looks amazing. The classic armour in the background plus the shade job on Lex and the glowing kryptonite :heart_eyes: just lovely.

2 Likes

Thanks! Classic villains need some love too.

2 Likes