DCFAC: Fourth of July Art

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for the compliments. I really like this piece. The bat symbol was not intentional as the reference I used for the chair had this symbol on it. I did think it looked batlike too but I went with it as the original had it too.

4 Likes

It’s funny where we get inspiration from because some of these challenges get me stuck until I find some angle or something of interest to me to get into it

3 Likes

I get this. Arguably my favorite part of the challenges is determining how to approach them.

1 Like

oh oh. I feel a fan fic coming on.

2 Likes

Easy, they move at the speed of light!

1 Like

Thank you! And almost always draw by hand (pencil and paper), scan then color. But in this case, it was all made digitally on a tablet with a cheap program called Procreate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the compliments! And yes, she’s fascinating! I’m the type who’s more likely to play it safe, so I always admire brave types like her who aren’t afraid to take initiative!

1 Like

Love your choice AND your colors, stef! The subtle shading with the markers makes her pop from the background. (And I’m a purple junkie!)

1 Like

@Goldk Know i’ve already said it in our main thread, but I think Flash as Revere is brilliant!

@Z-A-C Badass, as always! Brilliant, intense, with just enough superiority lingering in that gaze that you gotta wonder if this is someone to trust. Beautiful lightwash in the background, too!

2 Likes

:exploding_head:

2 Likes

Love all the ideas everyone drew out. Brilliant creativity