DCEU Ranking

I can get behind that. With Harley Quinn now, yeah it can get comical but like maybe like one panel per every other page, not every single page all the time. The plot of TSS was more Suicide Squad-y, in invading a foreign country like some CIA Cold War stuff, which is cool.

For those who prefer lighter tone, humor and stuff akin to MCU/Donner Superman over Nolan & Snyder, I’m surprised WW84 isn’t more popular. Personally, I loved it and actually kinda like it more than the first film.

2 Likes

WW84 is not light. It is colorful, but it has dark themes.

1 Like

Perhaps, but again, in comparison to say BvS, were critics act like its The Exorcist marries I Spit On Your Grave then had an orgy with Schindler’s List, it’s a walk in the park.

Best to least

BvS
Zack Snyder’s JL
The Suicide Squad
MoS
Birds of Prey
Suicide Squad
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Black Adam
Wonder Woman 1984

(Still have to watch Shazam)

update:

1. The Suicide Squad
  2. Peacemaker
  3. Black Adam
  4. Wonder Woman
  5. WW84
  6. Suicide Squad
  7. Man of Steel
  8. Batman v Superman
1 Like
  1. Wonder Woman
  2. Shazam
  3. Peacemaker
  4. The Suicide Squad
  5. Snyder Cut
  6. Aquaman
  7. Wonder Woman 84
  8. Batman v Superman
  9. Birds of Prey
  10. Man of Steel
  11. Black Adam
  12. Suicide Squad
    …after the first 4, it is largely a toss-up. I didn’t really hate any of them
  1. Zack Snyder’s Justice League
  2. Aquaman
  3. Wonder Woman
  4. Shazam!
  5. Batman v Superman

I’m not sure about ranking such a small collection of films - and I wouldn’t include Peacemaker on any list. But this list and the comment would probably be the closest to my own opinion. As movies have been released, I would add Shazam to this list and I’m surprised - even though it had some obvious glaring faults (such as taking way too much plot from Cereal Lord’s large unnecessary reboot) that it rates so low on so many people’s lists here.

I have yet to watch Suicide Squad and it’s at the near bottom of my ‘to watch’ pile even though I have watched everything else through Shazam in theaters.

I probably won’t get around to see The Joe Kerr Origin movie any time soon, either, or the Crazed Psychotic Magical Gal biopic so those two also would now go at the bottom of my ‘to watch’ pile.

My theaters were closed when WW '84 released and I still am hoping that a theater will show it even if just as a one night thing, and I’ll probably give that some more time before I end up streaming it or getting a DVD rental.

@Zontar_of_Pellucidar interesting comments, I can see subscribing to some of them, in part, but not all of them.

2 Likes

My ranking from best to worst:

1. Wonder Woman (2017)
  2. Man of Steel
  3. Zack Snyder’s Justice League
  4. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition
  5. Wonder Woman 1984
  6. Shazam!
  7. Aquaman
  8. Black Adam
  9. Birds of Prey
  10. The Suicide Squad
  11. Peacemaker
  12. Suicide Squad (2016)

I don’t count the theatrical versions of BvS or Justice League.

2 Likes

Wow, WW84 is relatively high! Nice to see another fan.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, I adore Wonder Woman 1984! :grin:

1 Like

Awesome! I wrote a few things on it, if interested…

1 Like

I am interested! Please send over the links and I’ll check them out!

(Updated to include Shazam 2)

My ranking from best to worst:

1. Wonder Woman (2017)
  2. Man of Steel
  3. Zack Snyder’s Justice League
  4. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition
  5. Wonder Woman 1984
  6. Shazam! Fury of the Gods
  7. Shazam!
  8. Aquaman
  9. Black Adam
  10. Birds of Prey
  11. The Suicide Squad (2021)
  12. Peacemaker
  13. Suicide Squad (2016)

I don’t count the theatrical versions of BvS or Justice League.

1 Like

WW84 in fifth out of 13!!!

I like it!

3 Likes

Updated for Shazam! Fury of the Gods, with a few changes based on re-watches of other DCEU films:

1. Man Of Steel
  2. Zack Snyder’s Justice League
  3. Birds Of Prey
  4. Batman v Superman: Ultimate Edition
  5. The Suicide Squad/Peacemaker (tie)
  6. Aquaman
  7. Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman 84 (tie)
  8. Shazam! Fury of the Gods
  9. Black Adam
  10. Shazam!
  11. Suicide Squad
  12. Justice League
1 Like

All 3 Shazam movies back to back to back. It looks so nice.

1 Like

Welcome back to the community! I think, out of the movies you listed, my favorite was probably Birds of Prey. It was just so vibrant and filled with charm imo

1 Like

Thank you! I really love Birds Of Prey, and it’s practically tied for second place for me. It’s definitely a movie I watch more often than ZSJL (for the runtime alone) and I love how different it is from the rest of the DCEU (I also dig its take on Gotham City, which couldn’t be more different than the Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan ones).

3 Likes