3. Man of Steel
  4. Wonder Woman
  5. Aquaman
  6. Wonder Woman 1984
  7. Shazam
  8. The Suicide Squad
  9. Suicide Squad
  10. Birds of Prey

Must add that there hasn’t really been a DC movie I outright didn’t like. They’re all entertaining in my opinion.

3 Likes

Here’s my ranking out as of 2021. I agree @moro I can’t think of one I outright didn’t like.

1. Zack Snyder’s Justice League
  2. Director’s Cut of Batman v Superman
  3. Wonder Woman
  4. Man of Steel
  5. The Suicide Squad
  6. Aquaman
  7. Birds of Prey
  8. Shazam
  9. Wonder Woman 1984
  10. Suicide Squad
3 Likes

My opinion of the movies is largely colored by my expectations going in, but sometimes my impression on them evolve. So I’ll provide this indirect ranking
Movies that were without doubt superior by anyone’s standards:

• Wonder Woman
  • The Suicide Squad
  • and (almost) Shazam

Movies that were a massive relief they didn’t turn out bad:

• Snyder Cut

Movies where I was embarassed by the quality of the dialogue:

• Aquaman

Movies that I found irritating in the content they chose to present:

• Suicide Squad
  • The Suicide Squad
  • Man from Steel

Movies where I had to ask WTF several times:

• Batman v,. Superman
  • Wonder Woman 1984

Movies that struck me as at least fairly good:

• All of them

And, if you were to rate them by the metacritic score most commonly given to each film (so the only score that counts is the review rating that comes up most often), they’d be in this order:

The Suicide Squad 80
Wonder woman 80

Shazam 75
Birds of Prey 75

Wonder Woman 1984 60

Suicide Squad 50
Justice League 50
Snyder cut 50
Aquman 50
Man of Steel 50

Batman v Superman 40

Meant to post an updated list last week after I saw Black Adam. Amazing that it’s been a full year since the last update.

1. Man Of Steel
  2. Zack Snyder’s Justice League
  3. Birds Of Prey
  4. The Suicide Squad/Peacemaker (tie)
  5. Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition
  6. Aquaman
  7. Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman 84 (tie)
  8. Black Adam - could have jumped past the two WWs with more JSA scenes
  9. Shazam!
  10. Suicide Squad
  11. Justice League

Also, if I was going to add Joker and The Batman they would both go in my top 5.

I still haven’t watched Aquaman yet, and I own it, lol!!!

1.) Batman V. Superman in general. I saw the theatrical and I loved it! Is the Director’s Cut better? Well…yeah! But that’s how much I love it!
2.) Zack Snyder’s Justice League
3.) Man of Steel
4.) Wonder Woman 1984
5.) Wonder Woman
6.) Birds of Prey
7.) Suicide Squad
8.) Black Adam
9.) Shazam
10.) The Suicide Squad
no I am not including that piece of crap from the theaters in late 2017!

1 Like

1 Tree Star
The Suicide Squad (I only got through 45 minutes)

2 Tree Stars

Birds of Prey
Man of Steel
Batman V. Superman
Wonder Woman 1984

3 Tree Stars
Justice League

4 Tree Stars
Black Adam
Wonder Woman
Shazam
Aquaman

I have not seen Suicide Squad. That leads to an average of 2.8 per movie for a very unimpressive rating.

1 Like

Here’s where I’m leaning right now.

1. Justice League (HBO)
  2. Wonder Woman
  3. Batman v Superman (either cut)
  4. Peacemaker
  5. Shazam
  6. Aquaman
  7. Black Adam
  8. Wonder Woman 1984
  9. Suicide Squad (either cut)
  10. Birds of Prey
  11. The Suicide Squad
  12. Justice League (theatrical)
  13. Man of Steel

1-4 are my favorites by far. 5-7 are pretty good. 8-10 are decent, if seriously flawed. 11-13 are very frustrating to me, though I wouldn’t call any of them unwatchable.

(I just checked my previous post, and I appear to have remained consistent except with Shazam and Aquaman, which I reversed this time around. Honestly, they’re on equal ground.)

I struggle a bit with the concept of “ranking” stuff. Is it not enough to just like/dislike stuff to various degrees? Anyways, for the fun of it:

1- Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition)
2- Man of Steel
3- Zack Snyder’s Justice League
4- Wonder Woman
5- Black Adam
6- Aquaman
7- Shazam
8- The Suicide Squad
9- Wonder Woman 1984
10- Suicide Squad
11- Birds of Prey

Compared to before:

Guess I was mostly consistent; couple of flip flops, but general placement is the same-ish, with the exception of Wonder Woman 1984, which has not aged well with me. Fantastic score on that movie though.

Still waiting on the DCU to top the Snyder movies. It will happen for me at some point, probably with whatever Cavill has cooking with Superman. Yes I am biased :00_superman1:

If I were to place The Batman on the list I’d reserve a spot for it a couple rungs below Birds of Prey :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes
  1. Man of Steel
  2. Zack Snyder’s Justice League
  3. Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
  4. Wonder Woman
  5. Peacemaker
  6. Shazam
  7. The Suicide Squad
  8. Black Adam
  9. Aquaman
  10. Birds of Prey
  11. Wonder Woman 1984
  12. Suicide Squad

As far as I’m concerned, the theatrical cut of Justice League doesn’t exist. Honestly, there isn’t a movie/show in this that I completely hate.

3 Likes

Same here

complete with letter grades

1. Shazam! B+
  2. Aquaman B
  3. Wonder Woman B-
  4. Man of Steel D
  5. Justice League (Whedon version) D
  6. Batman vs. Superman F

waiting to see on tv someday
Wonder Woman 84

never seen the rest and have absolutely NO desire to do so (including Black Adam)

2 Likes

Why is SS a struggle for you? I know it deviated the tone and is viciously violent which is hard for me to stomach. I did enjoy the movie with a good cast but did close my eyes at the extremely graphic so I only saw half the movie :joy:. I’m just wondering if you didn’t like the story or style.

Almost all lists I have seen put it dead last.

When I first saw Suicide Squad, I LOVED IT! Hell, the wife and I saw it twice! Looking back…eh. I won’t jump on the hate bandwagon for it because that’s not me. It floats near the bottom more just because there are several movies I like more than it. I take it over Gunn’s, given I am tired of Gunn’s immature middle schooler humor.

Even though I have it near the bottom of my list (beating out only the theatrical JL) I do think it’s a fun action movie. I don’t even think it’s a bad adaptation – it uses a lot of the characters most often associated with Task Force X and has some great casting (Amanda Waller, Harley Quinn, and Captain Boomerang are the standouts). But between the studio interference and a villain who just doesn’t fit with that group of characters, it feels like a missed opportunity.

I love The Suicide Squad, but when I think of the comic book Suicide Squad I don’t really think of humour (maybe I just haven’t read enough of them). But if you could take the cast and tone of Ayer’s Suicide Squad and the plot of Gunn’s Suicide Squad I think you’d have a really great movie.

1 Like

Based on your top three picks I definitely think you should check out WW84. It’s closer in tone to Shazam! and Aquaman (goofy fun that doesn’t take itself too seriously) than the three you give failing grades.

It was on TNT the other day, but I forgot to watch it.

Well if I know anything about TNT it’s that they play the same thing over and over (and over) so you’ll probably get another chance soon.