DC vs Vampires and Its Companion Pieces Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Ghaaa I forgot to pre-order it so I will have to wait to order it as I am broke.

1 Like

nooooooooooo! I hope my LCS remembers my order from last weekā€¦gonna stop in the shop after work today and spend ALL the money!

2 Likes

Just getting into this thread now as I just binge-read all the issues so far (except Hunters - my LCS didnā€™t pull that one for me for some reasonā€¦)

LOVING this series! Itā€™s the most fun Iā€™ve had reading a DC event since DCEASED. I love the series where literally ALL of DC is involved and you never know who youā€™ll see on any given page.

Seeing Negative Man in Issue #7 makes me wonder if Cliff Steele is out there somewhere. Could he be turned? Are there other characters in DC that are not truly alive? Whereā€™s Deadman? Whereā€™s OMAC? Whereā€™s Frankenstein? Oh, and whereā€™s Martian Manhunter since Batman teleported him out? Is he shapeshifting and has been here the whole time?

Very fun last issue and love the place they are hiding. Director Bones existing as just a skull and spine was badass. I also really enjoyed the Killers One-Shot - the scene with Harley thinking she was holding what was left of Clayface was a LOL moment for me.

Canā€™t wait to see where this goes from here!

3 Likes

We see Frankenstein in issue 8. Hunters revealed where MM is.

2 Likes

Well, thatā€™s why I didnā€™t know where MM was. Thanks.

Looking forward to issue #8!

3 Likes

I had to dig in the search section for this one, so kudos to me for not making a new thread on this subject.

I finally finished this series,

It was fabulous and heart breaking.

I like to hoard issues till i get enough to read a chunk at a time. so hence the delay.

anyhow

The big shock, for me and probably everyone, Barbara Gordon, how could she break my heart like that, why why why.

It was such a Robot Man , WTF moment for me , I am still stunned, literally stunned, and I dunno what to do. other than , say wow.

I have to re read this at some point,

because I canā€™t tell if this was Barbarasā€™ intent all along, or if she changed her mind at some point and if so when.

Also the thing with Lex Luthor having his blood to kill the vampires and Harley injecting herself, and literally no one saying, HEY, lets get some of her blood, and weaponize, or use magic on it to make it rain her blood or somethingā€¦

BUT

that being said, a new multiverse here, and this one is the vampire world, so who knows what will happen.

But for me, the ending, was absolutely 100% heartbreaking and I never saw it coming, I expected losses, I didnā€™t expect a happy ending, but I expected a hopeful one.

An for me it wasnā€™t a bad ending, I donā€™t mind not having a hopeful or happy ending, I hate endings that do not make any sense what so ever.

so for instance, had all of a sudden a certain 5th dimensional imp came in, and laughed at everyone and said ha ha ha it was all me , just kidding bout the vampire apocalypse, and a twitch of his nose like on Bewitched, and everything goes back to normal. that would tick me off. as an example.

1 Like

truthfully i love this series i loved it more than dceased and would continuity of this series.

1 Like

I was also reluctant to start reading this, as their are too many Vampire and Zombie apocalypse stories for my taste. However, I have to say this one was well written, full of unexpected plot twists and i quite enjoyed it.

1 Like

What did you like more about this than DCeased? Very curious, personally.

2 Likes

i feel the story was better written and it was more thrilling

1 Like

like when nightwing reveal to the bat family he was the vampire king that blew me away and the fact Damian was able to fight the evil urges of being turned had me glued

1 Like

Thatā€™s very cool! Glad it resonated - how did you like the ending?

2 Likes

good wasnt expecting it to go down that way but i really hope for a sequel

1 Like

I donā€™t think it quite did well enough to spawn a sequel, but maybe!

3 Likes

Babs I think her plan all along was to get dick out of the way and use Supergirl to take out all the powered vampires baring Mary Bromfield when she restored night and day to the world in the very last panel.

1 Like

Technically there was already a sequel. DC vs Vampires: All out war although that was released concurrently with the last six issues of DC vs Vampires.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a spinoff, not a sequel. A sequel is about following up what happens after the original tale.

2 Likes

What a letdown ending to a great series. Not even mad about the story, just mad it didnā€™t really end. Really hope they give us more, and finish out the story with a winner.

4 Likes

And can you believe it came true!?

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m gonna be totally honest, I feel the exact same way. None of it makes any sense whatsoever. We were promised something in the tradition of DCeased, but it ended up more like JLA: Act of God.

1 Like