DC Universe Infinite Launch Release Notes - January 21st, 2021

Yes, all video is gone.

2 Likes

As for requests for future options: Would love to see some casting options in the mobile apps so I can still read the comics on my big screen TV. I know I can still cast it from a Chrome browser, but it would be nice to have it as an option on the apps in the future.

1 Like

Encylopedia
Now known as
Whoā€™s Who
And News
Are at DC Comics. Con

I have the DC Comics app as my portal as of today

Has 5 links in its
Hamburger menu
On upper left

DC Comics
DC Universe
DC Community
DC Shop
DC on HBO Max

Some screenshots
Using web browser
For
DC Comics .com

Hamburger menu
Upper left

4 Likes

Itā€™s been a while since I posted, but I just have to say that this is finally looking like the app I hoped for when I signed up in July 2018. Iā€™m excited.

4 Likes

Iā€™m happy to say that I was easily able to update the app on my phone via the Google Play store this morning and that the new app works seamlessly on my Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 phone which has a 7.6-inch Tablet-like Display available when you open it up. The app can start on the main screen and then, when you open it up into a tablet, it automatically shows where you were. For panel-by-panel reading it makes every book an absolute pleasure to read as you can see all the detail of the artwork, read every word of text and see each panel individually to enjoy it without distraction before moving to the next one.

So far, so good and Iā€™m glad the transition seems to have gone seamlessly. I now have SO MUCH to read between now and July when the Future State books start getting hereā€¦and then Infinite Frontierā€¦and thenā€¦

:00_hawkman: :0_book_club: :that_black_label_life: :00_hawkman1:

1 Like

The list section doesnā€™t look any different than it did before. How has it changed?

I was hoping the new app would include something like a pull list. Iā€™d like to specify series, and then have new issues show up on that list when released to the app. Is there a way to effectively do that under Lists that I cant figure out?

3 Likes

Something weird I noticed is it used to be that community stuff was in app. Since the launch itā€™s been going to the website instead of staying in app.

Also any chance we could get an edit button to delete multiple comics at once from downloaded?

1 Like

^ yes I noticed that tooā€¦ is there any way to access the community while staying in the app? (iPad user here)

Part of the change is that the Community was moved to the browser.

Weā€™re glad to hear it, @TheDankKnight1939! So are we. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, support for the AppleTV app ended on December 18, @queco.17840. You can read more details about it here.

Also unfortunately, @Mikey14, the app is no longer available on Amazon tablets. This article also discusses that.

If you try changing to dark mode in your deviceā€™s system settings, @skubast3v3 does that make things better for you?

Iā€™m not aware of that feature, @bushmill1608.93780, but Iā€™ll pass along your interest!

Thanks for joining us @thedarkvividi! Iā€™ve passed along your suggestion. :slight_smile:

All the video content has been removed, @jxc829.607. You can see where itā€™s gone here.

Thatā€™s a great suggestion, @flickchick! Iā€™ll pass it up the chain. :slight_smile:

That is really great to hear, @BatmanOfZur-En-Arrh! (And itā€™s even greater to have you posting again! :slight_smile: )

It sounds like the next six months are going to be busy for you, @FelixLeiter! (And fun :partying_face: )

What device are you using, @Xbones? I know we have a lot in store when it comes to lists on iOS devices.

That would be a great feature @jrcook3000.51543 (and welcome!) I donā€™t think that feature is supported yet, but Iā€™ll pass it along. :slight_smile:

Welcome back, @pattyice420! The Community is always going to be in your browser, from now on. Thatā€™s a great suggestion about deleting multiple comics, thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What is this referring to? Iā€™m not seeing these options anywhere on the apps or websites for the comic reader.
Before the update the background was black. My phone and computer can force the app to look dark through the device options. But my tablet, which i use to read and store digital comics, doesnā€™t have a dark mode option in the device menu. So the comic reader is white background.
Was there supposed to be an option in the app to toggle this?

I second this! The ā€œWhoā€™s Whoā€ section on the website isnā€™t as in depth as the encyclopedia we had on DC Universe. Iā€™m already missing all the little facts the encyclopedia offered. :persevere:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, @TheGirlWonder12! Iā€™ll make sure it gets passed along. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I donā€™t know what you mean by putting the device in dark mode to change the app to dark mode. The update features specifically list Dark Knight mode available if you go to user settings and select it. Iā€™ve been on the Android version and the website and thereā€™s nothing available to do that.

1 Like

Iā€™m using the new app on my android tablet, and I like it, but there is one issue. When I go to lists Iā€™ve created, if itā€™s on ā€œlatest createdā€ they are in the reverse order. As in, comics I added to the list go from most recently added to least recently added. Itā€™s not a big deal, but it is a little annoying. I build my lists in order, so now all of the later issues are on top and I have to scroll to the bottom to find the beginning of the list.

I see here that there are going to be more options rolling out for lists, so I hope this will be fixed.

2 Likes

Any idea when this will be rolling out for us Kindle Fire users?

1 Like

Sorry if I am asking this in the wrong spot. With the new update, how do we access the ā€œCollectionsā€ feature? You know the one that had, for instance, the complete run of Grant Morrison Batman or Geoff Johns Green Lantern. It seems that the section that featured them is gone. I had some of them saved in my favorites, luckily, but have no idea how to access the ones I didnā€™t. They donā€™t show up in search results.

1 Like

I just opened the old one and I was given the prompt to update. So Iā€™m in the new one now.

2 Likes

Thank you kindly! :relaxed:

1 Like