DC Universe Infinite Launch Release Notes - January 21st, 2021

One suggestion/request - it would be great to have the option to add something to a list from the “In This Series” screen. A little + sign to add to a list right next to the publication date or off to the right would be great to quickly add issues from a series to a list without having to go into each individual issue to do so.

3 Likes

When will Neil Gaiman’s Sandman series be available?

Also, why is Community on the web and no longer in the app?

Also why is there not release parity between the Android and iPhone apps?

1 Like

Why hasn’t the Amazon fire app not been updated yet

1 Like

When will Amazon fire get the update

1 Like

Ah, finally. Confirmation that I’m not the only person in the world having this problem with the Android app. I can’t believe more people haven’t reported this. I think maybe not all that many people use the list feature. But this is a major issue for those of us who do. I have rolled my app back to the previous version and will not update it until this is fixed. I need my lists in the correct order. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I like the new app but am disappointed that the community has been depreciated and removed from the app.

I use this app mostly on my phone and am a lot less likely to post and participate in the community through an outside link to a browser on my phone.

Which is a bummer because I followed several groups and they definitely led me to explore new comics I would have otherwise not read.

Can you share the reasoning behind removing the communities from the app?

4 Likes

It says above, that the app will not be on Amazon devices.

1 Like

You’re still asking me to pay more for less and you can’t build simple tools like publication month and year? Also a quick way to search by imprint would be helpful as well. I have much less patience spending money this time with this version of the app.

2 Likes

Never mind; I found it. You have to scroll over to the right in the Comics section and find “Showcase”

3 Likes

FYI, I just received an e-mail from DCUI’s tech support team that they are aware of the issue and working to correct it. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’ll be honest, having all the different components (main site, Community, Shop) open in new tabs in Windows (in Chrome) when you click on them drives me nuts. I (kind of) understand it for the DC Comics and DC on HBO MAX links, but it makes the whole service feel less cohesive.

6 Likes

I think there’s a hub for this type of question but I’ll ask it here: on my iOS app, for whatever reason I can’t get my custom icon to actually show up on my phone. It still shows the standard Infinite icon, no matter what character I switch to. Anyone else have this issue?

1 Like

When you say that there are more portals on dccomics.com what does that mean? What are portals?

1 Like

You are able to put the community section in dark mode by going to preferences > Interface from within your profile.

Dark mode is not available via website on any of the tabs other than the community tab, but this feedback has been sent to the development team.

Dark mode is available for the app, but this is if you activate dark mode on your device in your settings. For example; I switched to dark mode on my iOS by going to the settings of the actual device, then display and brightness, dark mode in appearance.

3 Likes

I’ve sent this report up to the team, along with @KookieSuperApe. Thanks to you both!

2 Likes

Try turning your phone off and back on.
That’s what I had to do.

2 Likes

@sawyers280.97514 @dscreativity.18138

DC Universe Infinite is currently available for iPhone, iPad, Android Phone and Tablets and online for web and mobile web. Per our FAQs, we do not have a timeline for when/if this will be available. Please stay tuned for announcements on our News section, in the Watchtower board, any of our social media channels, or wherever you get your comics news!

1 Like

I’m so bummed the DCU app doesn’t upgrade (to DCU infinite) on my android TV, because I loved reading on my big screen. Am I right or am I missing something?

Hi @moro! They can be found by going to “All Comics” on the top left, then by selecting “Showcase” on the left at the bottom. (See screenshot below) That lists all of our collections.
image (2)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ve sent it on up to the team.