DC Round Robin 2022: The Choice is Yours! *ROUND 1 VOTING CLOSED*

Either I wasn’t around yet or didn’t know what Round Robins was, but this is the first time I’m voting in this, and I’m seeing a lot of interesting pitches. I’d love to see most of them made instead of another Gotham based book. I look forward to seeing what happens.

12 Likes

We ran a Round Robin last year around the same time, late March/Early April. It looks like you joined JUST AFTER it finished.

I’m glad you get a chance to participate this time!

8 Likes

Didn’t know. But, that is good.

6 Likes

How? I tried on DC’s Instagram and the only thing I saw was last year’s RR entries.

8 Likes

I thought I saw an apostrophe, so the “s” is possessive, not plural?

6 Likes

It’s part of their current story instead of a previous highlight. You have to tap the profile picture (assuming you’re using IG from the app) to see current stories.

9 Likes

This is awesome™:+1:. Didn’t think it was coming back. A great surprise. I like last year because we had some fun being able to vote. As well as getting a cool behind the scenes of making comics with a much of ideas and not many get to be mage but just cool to see the ideas as this probably happens all the time but we never see it.

As for these
Hawk v Cat
Both sound great. I’d love more Hawk but I’m more intrigued with wildcats story.

Question v Con
Con. Question sounds cool but I just like the magical world of DC too much.

SSD v JLR
SSD. Similar reasons as above. Like some cool covert stuff. But magic.

Fire and Flash
Flash. Fire is a favorite but I just like the parallax lantern RF story better.

Canary v GL
GL. Canary sounds cool but GL Forever sounds like the one I want to win the whole thing. With me likening apocalyptic futures and John Stewart my favorite lantern.

Ghost and Ani
Ani. Ghost sounds great but a father daughter story with Ani sound great. Always enjoy those.

GL Con v Carrot
Carrot. Gl sounds cool but Carrot just sounds like a blast :sweat_smile:.

SB v Cy
Cy. SB sounds cool but Cy sounds like a classic Beast boy Cy adventure.

9 Likes

That was my assumption at any rate – though now that I think about it, the “Justice League Redacted” pitch does mean we could see adjacent teams under the name. It’s also possible that the JLQ is the title of the book and the team doesn’t have an official name.

From what I’m seeing here, almost none of the books in this iteration of RR are based in Gotham, so I think you’ll be good on that front.

Ah! Thanks for the lookout. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Set in New Orleans? That’s an EASY vote for me.

9 Likes

Right?! I’m intensely curious … :eyes:

9 Likes

There’s so many awesome ideas here, I truly wish we could get all of them. Lots of fan favorite characters that don’t normally get a chance to shine. Ghost Tour from Hell and both of the Green Lantern books look really fun to me, but my overall favorite has to be the Superboy title.

I love Clark, and John getting his spotlight is awesome, but Connor deserves so much love too. His death was hugely impactful and it took a long time for him to come back. It wasn’t just one of those, wait 3 months and bam we fixed it kind of deaths.
Bendis’s Young Justice book was incredible for me. Reuniting all the kids, many of which seemed “forgotten”, was so important for me. I think there’s a lot of great stories to be told from the shadow of the League’s biggest heroes. I’ll stop gushing about these fictional characters now but like… yeah. Superboy is my main vote.

12 Likes

One of my favorite places!

7 Likes

Do you know if there will be a new community badge for this event, or just a new chance for members to earn the original Round Robin badge? Maybe a different color?

8 Likes

I do not recall a source for a JLQ mini.
There was a community post from DC about doing something for JLQ–common knowledge.

The Suicide Squad mini is a different pitch

Zatanna had a solicit for either a miniseries or OGN & i cannot find it.

6 Likes

Y’all really voting for that Superboy comic???

7 Likes

I am ALL in on Justice League Redacted. GIVE IT TO ME PLEASE

8 Likes

For me, the choices in 2021 beat the stuffing out of the choices for 2022. Last year I could see eleven ideas I could vote for and this year it is only six.

I wound up voting for the Hawks, Kid Flash, Superboy, Captain Carrot and old farmer Green Lantern. 1947 GL was the other.

5 Likes

YES I AM! I love Conner, and would love to see him get a spotlight now that he’s back in the DCU!

8 Likes

Personally I wish that they would announce the creative teams attached to these books in the first round. It makes a lot of difference to know who’s working on them.

19 Likes

@Alec.Holland , one last question today, are these vote totals above just for the premium chat room, or both combined.

4 Likes