DC Round Robin 2022: The Choice is Yours! *ROUND 1 VOTING CLOSED*

Does the twitter/IG votes matter too? Or is this platform the deciding the factor? Or does all of them matter?

9 Likes

Just a note - the instagram story on DC’s account just updated, so you can vote there too. I’ve voted here, Twitter, and Instagram now.

8 Likes

It is a shame that 3 of my top 4 are competing for the same second round spot, Hawkman,Question, and Constantine Though luckily my fourth Captain Carrot is on the other side of the bracket. So @Alec.Holland that got me wondering did y’all use a random generator for the brackets or pick them yourselves.

8 Likes

All votes matter! They’ll be added together at the end of each round. This effectively gives you 3 votes if you also vote on Twitter and Instagram. You can find the links below:

Twitter

Instagram

9 Likes

I’m not sure exactly how the matches were made for this round. My assumption would be that they were randomly assigned as that’s typically how we’ve done similar events in the past.

7 Likes

Can the original post be updated with those links too?

8 Likes

Of course.

8 Likes

You’re awesome, Mr. Holland. Or Mr. Thing? :wink:

8 Likes

Truth. There are some great concepts here. But only one gets done? That’s rough. I would love to see these separated into brackets such as “Green Lantern related”, “Justice League related”, “Magic/JL Dark related”, and so on. Then each major bracket could have a winner and we could get 4 or so new books that don’t step on each others toes and each fill a unique niche.

16 Likes

I mean, I really do feel bad for @Alec.Holland to have to deal with this, but I hope at least some of our genuine and valid concerns can be passed on to the higher-ups, you know?

12 Likes

This is so awesome!!! Captain Carrot seems like it would be my favorite, but it doesn’t look like it’s gonna win

10 Likes

I hear that, but I have another idea. What if the winner gets a digital first and eventual paper comic release, and the semi-finalists get to be digital exclusives to DCUI?

I get that this can make the paper-first-and-only and LCS crowd a little leery, but Marvel has had some success recently with their Infinity comics on Marvel Unlimited and DC’s collaboration with webtoons and Wayne Family Adventures is probably the most read superhero comic out period.

They also had one in the most recent winter holiday special.

I’m hoping they’re testing the waters to see them come back in a bigger way – hell, right now that we have Jon and Tim coming out, now you could launch that book with some serious firepower. The only downside is that with their edict following Dark Crisis that the Justice League won’t be around for a while, they’ll have to make up a new name.

8 Likes

JLQ is happening (in the air)
A Zatanna Miniseries is happening (not the same and possivly a trade)
A version of the Suicide Squad pitch is happening. (Completely different writer and pitch)

They need to see how well Robins & the other experimental pitches sell before they get the $ to pay for additional miniseries.

10 Likes

I know some folks aren’t happy with seeing the Round Robin make a comeback, but I for one am really excited about this! The pitches all sound pretty cool, and it’s neat that once out of the year, fan input has a direct hand in greenlighting a comic series. Personally I’m rooting for either Wildcat or Black Canary, but may the best series win!

10 Likes

We are collecting feedback from the conversations that are happening in this thread and passing them up the ladder, so to speak, to ensure that your voices are heard.

That doesn’t mean that anything will change during this event, but it can help us to make changes in the future.

15 Likes

Although I do hear the frustration of some users, I would remind y’all that we get a voice in what comic is published. I don’t know about y’all but that’s pretty cool to me.

11 Likes

Is there more information about that?

6 Likes

That applies to any version of the Justice League? I know the main team will be out of commission for a while, but I figured teams like JLQ and Justice League Dark would still be fair game. Of course I wouldn’t be inherently opposed to JLQ having a new name, especially if they can make it even more gay, I just didn’t realize this edict went that far

7 Likes

But what about a Wildcat/Canary TEAM UP? :wink:

10 Likes

I have no idea how well Robins sold in shops now that my ICv2.com account is closed. If the book was in the top 100 it would be a very good sign.

5 Likes