DC Pride Book Club

9 Likes

The creators do seem to be doing a more Infinity Inc. theme as opposed to new JSA. Not that this would happen but I always thought Andrew Garfield would make a great Obsidian. For what it is worth.

5 Likes

I do. I dare say a I have an entire room of toys and statues.

9 Likes

I’m jealous of your collection!!!

4 Likes

Off topic, but I was hoping to get as many votes as possible in my tournament. I am going to close the first round on Thursday, so I hope you all get the chance to cast your vote on the best DC film of all time:

3 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

No problem

3 Likes

That’s is so cool and so many! Do you have an exact count?

4 Likes

Hello! I’ve been avoiding the Community section for… however long the Community section has existed… largely because I was very concerned about being unwelcome as a queer trans person. But I happened to glance in on it today, and here’s this, and it’s lovely! LGBTQIA+ comics-related topics is one of my main Things - I recently submitted a chapter for a LGBTQ+ Studies textbook on the history of queer/trans characters and themes in superhero comics. (My three-words-per-bullet-point notes were 10k words long and the chapter length was limited at 2500… So I have. A Lot Of Things To Say.)

Note: I’m 120% rooting for Obsidian to show up on Stargirl, but my shoot-for-the-moon dream is that they’ll use the version of Shining Knight that’s canonically nonbinary and bisexual!

Oh, and just for kicks, here’s a panel from the issue where the First Indisputably Trans Superhero In Mainstream Comics came out/was outed:

I just felt the need to give a shout out to my man Masquerade, representing the Angry Trans community since 1993.

11 Likes

Howdy @MycroftRH welcome back, and yes, this club is lovely and we also have this thread for all sorts of stuff queer DC-related:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community! Hope you do feel welcome here!

4 Likes

For those who want to vote, round 2 starts at this link:

3 Likes

Hello! I have joined! I’m still pretty new to using the community feature so this is all quite an adventure.

My favorite character is Tim Drake closely followed by Selina Kyle. I firmly believe TimKon could be canon. My favorite LGBTQIA+ ship from DC is Renee and Kate, I just love them.

Excited to get to know everyone!

7 Likes

awesome, happy to see you here! of course i’m a huge fan of Kate too!

6 Likes

Cause she’s amazing! She quickly became one of my top five favorite characters. Have you read Mother Panic? I liked their short interactions and I think it’d be fun if Kate and Violet had a fling XD

8 Likes

no, i didn’t know it was a thing! :anguished: i just added it to my list! thank you!!

5 Likes

Yes! I really loved Mother Panic and Violet is canon bisexual which is great! All the Young Animal books are really good. I highly suggest Mother Panic and Shade the Changing Girl. Several gay/bi characters in both titles.

8 Likes

alright, i’ll check em all out!! :grin:

5 Likes

i’m not sure how to join, i’ve never joined one before

8 Likes

Hi, @chrismccutie! First of all, welcome to the community! It’s great to have you!

This handy thread here walks you through the process of how to join a club! To join this rocking club you can click right here and just click the little ‘join’ button that’s next to the club name!

I hoped this helped and I hope you can join us in future club discussions! :relaxed:

6 Likes