DC Moments From My Seattle Trip (Pictures in comments!)

33 hours, gosh I hope you were with friends on a car with a bar :tumbler_glass:

my last train ride was a top-five life experience, from here in SD up to downtown LA, then back, after dark, after food and drinks in W. Hollywood ā€¦ we were late for final boarding, running through Union Station, just made it, she rested her head on my shoulder the whole way down along the coast under moonlight, thought I was in a movie ā€¦

2 Likes

Applejack, yeah I live up there right now. MoPop is fantastic. two years ago nintendo held Nindies@night there. (Got to play Shovel Knight King of Cards over a year and a half before its release)

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never been to scarecrow. I generally favor a closer comic shop to where I live (but itā€™s not very big)

2 Likes

LOOKS AWESOME next time I see my aunt in Spokane Iā€™ll go there definitely

2 Likes

Omg that looks like a fun trip, Applejack! Thanks for sharing your pictures! The pinball machines!! That Adam West Batman one is sweet. Also the museum sounds very awesome.

3 Likes

Bubble

@manifest, haha yes, I had a steadfast companion (and a bar ;p ). Plus the view is gorgeous, and it forced a bit of unplugging :slight_smile:
Your last train ride sounds like a Jim Jarmusch movie!

@Nathan.Payson thatā€™s amazing! There was an indie gaming section there, but all of the games they were featuring had been released. Cool nonetheless. The buildings of the museum itself are just breathtaking.
Scarecrow is a video shop so no comics, but Iā€™d say itā€™s worth a trip just to get a load of their insane categories (Bruceploitation was one of my favorites; all movies featuring actors trying to fill the void of Bruce Leeā€™s death right after it happened).

@iJest youā€™d have a lot of fun! Sounds like youā€™re due for some time off, yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like

So very cool. Especially finding those documentaries. Itā€™d be cool if those were on the streaming app to watch. Iā€™ll definitely have to check out Seattle, especially when I go to a Convention there.

1 Like

it makes me super sad that i live in the PNW and have never been there. i live closer to Portland OR but i live in Washington horrible excuse for not going i may need to take a trip this coming weekend to up to Seattle. i mean if Applejack thanks its worth the long train ride from LA i have to make the two hour drive right.

2 Likes

@RandallusPrime, I have a feeling those documentaries werenā€™t ā€œofficialā€, so to speak, so Iā€™m not sure how getting them on the service would work. But certainly something to watch under cover of dark! :stuck_out_tongue:

@green-hood, well Iā€™m glad if my trip motivates you a bit- to be fair one of my close friends lives close to Oregon and entertained meeting up while I was there, and it was too much a of a trek. So itā€™s understandable :slight_smile: But I do feel itā€™s worth it, Iā€™ve been to Seattle a few times now and think of it as my potential future home. The people are very genuine.

1 Like

@applejack that does make me feel i little be better but it did motivate me to make the trip up there. and that is awesome you like it it up here in the PNW. i honestly donā€™t think i could live anywhere else.

1 Like

Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous

1 Like

I tastefully removed all images of the mansion parties.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t read all of the replies and such so apologies if itā€™s been covered, but dud you go to Pikeā€™s Place? They really like to huck fish around.

1 Like

Scarecrow Video looks awesome! If I still collected movies, I would have been in heaven there!

1 Like

Ohio has the inspiration for hall of justice Cincinnati
Cleveland has a shrine to Superman at the Cleveland airport due to Siegel & Shuster living there.
It has a huge statue of Supes & a plaque telling the whole story.
Also, kind of on the subject. I went to the Cavs parade when we won the Championship & there were signs that said Superman might have been created in Cleveland but he was born in Akron, talking about Lebron. They were huge signs posted on the buildings on parade route. Lebron grew up 5 mins from me & both of my parents went to his high school. Pretty cool, my dad has records listed with Lebrons & he & my mom are in the sports hof at st Vincent st Maryā€™s where LBJ went to school.

1 Like

Awesome stuff btw Applejack

1 Like

@Vroom, we did go to Pikeā€™s Place but it was shoulder-to-shoulder packed. We went on a coffee tour and saw the Chihuly exhibit instead of lingering to see the fish-hucking :slight_smile:
You would 100% be in heaven! Iā€™m in the same boat, I donā€™t collect DVDs. But renting unusual and rare titles would be super cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

@djd, thatā€™s amazing!! Thatā€™s so interesting that Cleveland can claim their own real life superhero, I had never thought about it like that. Youā€™ll have to share pictures next time you have a chance :slight_smile:

1 Like

That WW holding Medusa head is my favorite Greg Rucka Arc in that comic. Thatā€™s unreal looking. She let Medusa spit Venom in her eyes so she couldnā€™t look at her & be turned to stone. I wonā€™t say anymore in case people wanna read it but thatā€™s awesome AJ.

1 Like