DC Moments From My Seattle Trip (Pictures in comments!)

And making fun of the z-grade cinematic dumpster leavins’ ala MST would be the best too =)

1 Like

:point_up::point_up::point_up:
@Vroom, they had a section called “Friends of MST” that were other riff-track style shows and stuff. Super cool!

1 Like

I’ve never been on train for traveling purposes, just the tourist kinds that are on display. When I think of traveling by train, I think of the movie North by Northwest (which featured Martha Kent from Superman Returns).

1 Like

Just finished looking at all wow!!! WW, Batgirl, The pinballs, Grant Morrison, Julie Newmar, & the Swamp Thing my personal faves. All incredible tho.

1 Like

Thanks Applejack. It’s crazy, b4 Superman there was no such thing as a person with superpowers. It got turned down by almost everyone. Finally, DC took a chance & the same guy also approved WW due to the success of Superman. They started drawing him in high school. Some characters are based on staff at their hs. I think one was a teacher but I can’t remember what character they based him on.

1 Like

A friends of MST section? That’s the dip for my chip and butter on my bread to the max.

Aj, next time you go there, can I come too? I’ll bring the msrshmallows!

2 Likes

Yeah I’ll get a pic of the Superman shrine at airport posted. It’s so cool looking. It’s about a 6’5 statue of Supes that’s a guess but it’s tall. Then big bronze plague telling Siegel & Shusters story.

1 Like

Wow! Love everything about this!

2 Likes

Superman exhibit Cleveland Airport

orntz4.jpg

1 Like

Superman Exhibit side view

orntz4.jpg

1 Like

Wow @djd that’s so cool!! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

@Vroom, only if Pete tags along too! But I guess he wouldn’t be allowed to touch anything.

1 Like

Well Pete’s essentially me so he’d have to come. He doesn’t leave goo on anything though. He’s safe and can fit into overhead compartments when in Marshmallow Mode, if need be. Just squeeze him in there.

1 Like

You bet Applejack. I’ll never forget the 1st x I arrived at Cleveland Hopkins & came down the escalator & I could see it from about halfway down. I wanted to jump off & run to it. I entered a different gate when I flew out so I didn’t see it til I came back. What a way to be welcomed back home, unbeatable.

Bubble…soon to be a major Youtube production!!!

1 Like

Yup.

In celebration of Applejack’s birthday, here again is the photo Journal that she left us of her trip up north. Thread number 8,567?

2 Likes

I can’t decide if I’d rather live in the pinball museum or Scarecrow Video. I think it’d come down to which has a better smell. Thanks for sharing, Applejack, and for bumping it, Don-El.

1 Like

If you get back up to Seattle, there is a comic shop called Golden Age Collectibles, on the bottom floor of Pike’s Place Market (a coming tourist trap must see place - just watch out for the tossed fish - one missed my by an inch or two when I was in a rush to get somewhere).

I live about 30 miles north of Seattle, and although I do not get down that way all that often anymore, when I do, if I visit Pike’s Place Market, I usually do stop by Golden Age Collectibles.

MACJR

2 Likes

That should have read: "Pikes Place Market (a common tourist trap must see place…).

MACJR

3 Likes