DC History Club & Harley’s Crew present 📺 V FOR VENDETTA 💥 Book Club & Watch-Along/Scavenger Hunt! MONDAY 6/7 @ 6PM PST/9PM EST

Oh no! I know whatcha mean! They’re trying to get more women’s teams globally, but the funding :neutral_face: of course, just isn’t there, so then we get a blowout like Thailand. (Ouch). That’s evidence to fund, imo!

I gotta step away for a bit too. Nice chatting :soccer:, friends! :hugs::purple_heart:

:eyes: which position?

5 Likes

I can now say “I learned about soccer while in a discussion about V for Vendetta”.

This shall be my Phrase of the Day, and therefore, I shall drop it where apropos.

bows again, then departs

1 Like

Right back, mid field center or right. Prefer midfield but in Japan with my size it was relatively easy for me to run strikers off the ball, so was put back a lot. Started playing in Germany cuz someone said “hey, you wanna play?”

2 Likes

Well, feel free to skip over my comments as you read back through the thread. I’ll sum them up all this way: “The movie removed all of that wonderful 1980s edge from the original story in the name of mainstream appeal, and it somehow feels like it’s in a constant rush to the finish despite being over two hours long.”

3 Likes

US men’s team vs Costa Rica tomorrow on FS1 6PM central

2 Likes

Well, V for Vendetta was still my favorite theatrically released DC movie of 2006, so there’s that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Neat! I’ll try to remember to catch it. Thank you. :clark_hv_4:

2 Likes

That’s a nice point.

2 Likes

I most certainly prefer Superman Returns to Stalk His Ex.

3 Likes

As Stephanie Tanner says, “Well, pin a rose on your nose.” :rose: :nose:t2: :wink:

@msgtv I found the game you told me about and have it set to record.

I also came across a rerun of the… what was it you mentioned yesterday…Conaco Classic? Coors Coffee Klatch? Krispy Kreme Classic? Yeah, that must be it (yeah, definitely is, definitely, yeah) :smirk: and have that set to record as well. :soccer: :goal_net:

goes to window shop for DC-themed soccer jerseys

3 Likes

@msgtv and @Razzzcat, I caught the US vs. Costa Rica game on Wednesday, and I may have just been bitten by the soccer bug. :soccer:

3 Likes

and that was just a ‘friendly’ meaning attached to no tournament, something of an exhibition. The many of the best US players didn’t play. Also, Ladies on tonight vs Portugal FS 1

3 Likes

Thanks!

eagerly checks cable listings

3 Likes

:eyes: did you watch the Portugal game?
Okay, bye. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Pieces. It’s recorded, but I haven’t had time to sit through it all (or skip to highlights, at least).

2 Likes

I was watching the Bucks, then too drained to turn on soccer after that.

@Vroom the Euros are going on now on ESPN, it’s like the World Cup but just Europe. Entertaining stuff.

3 Likes

Cool! I was looking for something to turn to on the telly, and that’s just the trick. Merci, @msgtv! :soccer:

3 Likes

Watched part of Whales Switzerland will picking up

3 Likes

Announcers were just talking about a player who wants to open a pub after his career in football is over.

Their accents are sublime. I should attempt to mimic them.

does good accents, including Scottish, Irish and many more

3 Likes

Icymi: Come by to vote :ballot_box: and/or take a quick quiz! :tada:

3 Likes