DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #86 - Movie Posters! April 9 - 16, 2022

@stefanie.m - these look great! I like how’re you able to fit the Secret Six in whenever possible!

So after multiple playthroughs of The Evil Within, do you follow it up with a double feature of Us and The Little Mermaid? Sounds awesome to me!

4 Likes

Oh, it’s not only the greatest musical, but it’s really in my top 5 favorite movies of all time!

I know it’s an old movie, but it really captured lightning in a bottle that I don’t think could be replicated today (less talk about the 2000 sequel the better) . It was the first movie that I was probably way too young to be watching :laughing:

I think it’s still an enjoyable watch.

5 Likes

7 Likes

M

3 Likes

Final Doll

And almost final Pamela (havent quite figured out blending the purples with marker)

10 Likes

Oh wow, how amazing are these!!! I love them!! :heart::heart:

3 Likes

Thanks @biff_pow @RobArt471 @JKoco17 and @keath for the kind words!

Doll just fit so perfectly for that poster lol and really any excuse to draw one of my favorites :smile:

Also blues bros is on my to do list now especially after its dark and we’re wearing sunglasses…hit it :rofl: i dunno why but that cracks me up. Thank you!

5 Likes

Awwww schucks :grin: thank you!

3 Likes

wow! they look even better inked and colored! (wish i knew how to do that! :laughing:)

3 Likes

@KingsharkDp4vr - nice work incorporating the DC logo. We need more Larfleez around here!

@stefanie.m - wow, the colors really make your work stand out. That was all done with markers? Very nice! I know how markers can leave seams or be hard to blend, but I don’t see any of that in your work. Great!!

5 Likes

Oh, there’s a lot of quotable lines from The Blues Brothers!

Funny thing, too, I was at the Carrie Fisher panel at the Chicago comic con on 2016, which happened to be just a few months before she past away, and most of the behind the scenes anecdotes she shared were from her role in the Blues Brothers.

She talked more about this movie than Star Wars or Princess Leia. She was much more funny and sarcastic than I was expecting. Probably my favorite panel that year.

4 Likes

OMG beautiful colors! Really makes them both pop! (In a creepy and fantastical way, respectively. :wink: )

4 Likes

9 Likes

For those guessing the arms I will reveal all answers on Saturday.

4 Likes

oh wow! you adapted it so well! The Crow!

4 Likes

Indeed. Thanks so much!

4 Likes

Nice work! Great recreation of The Crow poster.
I like the angry canary you have behind the logo.

5 Likes

Ok, number 5, is he holding the heat gun? Is that Mick Rory?

4 Likes

Bad a$$!!! :fire::fire::fire:

4 Likes

No

3 Likes