DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #86 - Movie Posters! April 9 - 16, 2022

I initially had the idea to use The Phantom Stranger and Lobo here, but went with a pair that had more reason to be together.

9 Likes

Mr Mom! I figured Penguin was standing in for a baby, but I would never have gotten this one. Great choice!

4 Likes

thanks @ImpulseMaxMercury, @RobArt471, @JKoco17!

@ImpulseMaxMercury your shading never ceases to amaze me. and the detail on those arms!

@JKoco17 is it Blues Brothers? Lobo and Phantom Stranger would be an interesting pair to see, but Riddler and Penguin are perfect! i really wish i could draw hair like you can :weary:

6 Likes

No clue, but I suck at these obviously, lol! Great drawing though!

4 Likes

Thanks @biff_pow and @RobArt471. It is indeed The Blues Brothers!

Reference

bluesbrothers

4 Likes

Mines a WIP, needs some ink this time but thought id post anyway just in case i dont get to finish.

Reference

8 Likes

so cool! and that big eye so creepy and good :scream_cat:

3 Likes

What a cool choice! Can’t wait to see the final product!

3 Likes

Pretty good guesses. I will only hint that all arms are from Arrowverse shows.

5 Likes

I absolutely loved this month of variants. Problem is, every time I try to come up with an idea for this challenge, my brains goes “Batgirl in Purple Rain!” and then I have to start the loop over.

5 Likes

Reference

Im having a lot of fun with these

8 Likes

Batgirl*

3 Likes

Poison Ivy?! :green_heart:

5 Likes

Good to see you back round these parts biff!!! Bmans face is precious and baby penguin is something lol, that version always creeped me right out so great job! Also alfred in my head is saying bye felcia :ok_woman:

3 Likes

Nailed it! I was worried she looked waaay too much like ariel lol

4 Likes

Awww nice piece, i enjoyed that show especially Guerrero. And you did an excellent job with the cover, all the hands and weapons are really well done but the one with fire sticks out to me the most, perfect. And nice suit work too.

4 Likes

Lol this is perfect! The posing is spot on and the no non sense expressions are great. Looks like a real bro comedy (also i just googled this film its a musical??? :rofl:) plus plus your coloring is always really well done.

4 Likes

Well, it’s an awesome and instantly recognizable take on the Little Mermaid poster, so that part jumped out, but I figured you had to have swapped out Ariel. As soon as I opened it up larger I saw the vines. (Amusingly, the obvious lack of tail was the last thing I noticed!) I love the vines up her neck, too - my favorite Ivy isn’t just green, but actually growing plant life on her. Very well done!

4 Likes

thanks, @stefanie.m! great choice of The Little Mermaid and the fine detail of Ivy’s vines turned out beautifully!

3 Likes

OK, let me take another shot…

Number 3 …I’m still stumped.

Number 4 looks like a totem…so I’ll say Zari.

Number 5…how about Atom?

Number 6, the flaming hand…Constantine.

Number 7, the katana…I’m going with White Canary.

4 Likes