DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #70 - Album Cover Homage! November 27- December 4, 2021

Hi @DCFanArtClub and welcome to another week where we try something a bit different.

Over on Disney+, the documentary The Beatles: Get Back just premiered. Besides being amazed at the technical wizardry needed to restore footage from 1969 to today’s hi-def standards, it made me think about all of the iconic and timeless images that were part of the Beatles’ album covers over their history. I figured now would be the perfect time for an album cover homage week!

The challenge it to take any of the Beatles album covers and replace John, Paul, George and Ringo with DC characters of your choice. Anyone from comics, TV, animation or movies is eligible!

There is a lot to choose from and I’ve included just a few classics down below.

By the way, the image above is from Booster Gold #6 where Dan Jurgens did his own homage to Abbey Road.

Due Date: December 4, 2021
Discussion, works-in-progress and final submission all in the thread below.

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

17 Likes

Interesting challenge. Sounds awesome™:+1:. Now I just need to finish last week’s :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I feel this lol :laughing:

Great challenge that one cover is screaming at me to do!

8 Likes

Does the Yellow Submarine count or is it faces?

7 Likes

8 Likes

Sure, the Yellow Submarine counts. Any Beatles album is eligible!

7 Likes

I would definitely think so you could change out the sub for the bat mobile or the ice cream truck from secret six, really any dc vehicle :thinking:

9 Likes

Oh boy, Can’t wait!

6 Likes

I have my 4 musicians!

7 Likes

If I was really ambitious and had more time I’d think about this cover:

10 Likes

Actually you could with replacing the front four and leaving the rest!

7 Likes

https://images.app.goo.gl/JQm4j1T3x7knwXtk7

5 Likes

Channeling one of my favorite teams

14 Likes

Very cool!

5 Likes

Nince Stef. I like how you find a way to incorporate the Secret Six into a lot of things. I think we all need a Secret Six week soon!

7 Likes

Lol they kind of took over my inktober too

I wouldn’t be upset about this :joy: and I think @keath would enjoy it as well

8 Likes

Here here!

Love your album, @stefanie.m !

7 Likes

Oh no, I used to be obsessed with the Beatles! This is such a unique challenge, i love it

And on a semi-related side note an artist I follow from the Monster High fandom did a series of many works where they took famous female pop albums and redrew them with Monster High characters. They were really neat to see how they made connections with the music to the characters. Looking forward to seeing the submissions, especially with this being narrowed down to just the Beatles :metal:

9 Likes

Was planning on adding the music with my own lyrics, but I just don’t have the time or money now for that undertaking!

Ps… Arsenal’s foot pedal is a Time Bow!

11 Likes

I really wanted to do the Sgt Pepper album cover but replace with all the various characters from Legends seasons but that was a little too ambitious for me. That may become a long term project as I have time.
I liked the simplicity of the Meet the Beatles cover, plus it was in black and white perfect for my pencil medium. Also it gave me a chance to draw face likenesses a strength of mine. What better foursome than some representatives of the Arrowverse? To represent my favorite show Legends I went with my favorite character on the show (sadly not anymore) Mick Rory!!
Original cover:

My interpretation:

11 Likes