DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #68 - The Sandman! November 13 - 20, 2021

I love this! I get an almost Age of Aquarius feel to it like he should be leading us all on a fun trip. Really good!

4 Likes

I enjoy your concepts as they really make me think. I may not always understand them but they require me to examine a lot. I think this fits in well with the alternative ways the Sandman comics did stories

5 Likes

Thanks that means a lot to me! I tried to combine from the actress and the comic book look. I know the show won’t exactly copy the comic book and that’s ok.

6 Likes

I don’t know enough about the characters but this one is certainly colorful! I like the pose almost like a captain Morgan pose. Very cool

5 Likes

Love this! :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks! Gonna try to get a newer one done this week sometime, I hope. Busy busy busy.

3 Likes

Really nicely done! The robe is stupendous!

4 Likes

Missed your stuff! They are always so unique and thoughtful!

2 Likes

Thanks! Black and white just works so well for Sandman.

3 Likes

Thank you! You always seem to get my concepts. The “dune waves” are to create the thought of pillows as well. All aspects of dreaming, dreams change in an instant sometimes, which is why they seem to be so many things all at once.

4 Likes

I kitbash together as much as I can, then sculpt or repaint whatever needs it.

6 Likes

:laughing::laughing:

4 Likes

Thanks! Twas aiming for a little Captain. :pirate_flag: (My wife got me a pair of those posable reference figures, and this (and my unfinished Dr Light) was my first time using them, so was just wiggling around trying to figure out what my pose would be and landed on the Captain. (Thus the sassy hands on the hips instead of guns ablazin’…))

5 Likes

Nice work! Your likenesses are always fantastic but also your background work too. The skull and dead flowers are a nice touch with them leaning on an umbrella :+1:

5 Likes

Great perspective with the hand thats held out and I like the colors of this amd Russell’s work.

5 Likes

Welcome back. I dont know much about the sandman series but interesting work.

6 Likes

Thanks! I really just wanted to recreate that panel, they looked so cute, being scolded. Sorry merv

6 Likes

Dude carries a blunderbuss thats my kind of character plus a foppish hat. :+1: I like his scowl and the pose! Great work I wouldn’t be upset if you did a 2nd with said weapons in hand :wink: :grinning:

Also dang hes hard to google, for some reason bowie pops up…

Also also my to do list is already gigantic and now im definitely adding this lil nugget to it. Thanks!

6 Likes

9 Likes

:heart_eyes:

5 Likes