DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #68 - The Sandman! November 13 - 20, 2021

Hi @DCFanArtClub! I thought I’d streamline things a bit this week and have discussion and submission in a single thread. Let’s see how it goes!

The topic this week is The Sandman! First things first, have you seen the teaser trailer of the upcoming Netflix series?

That looks fantastic! It’s due “sometime in 2022” and I can’t wait.

The original DC comic ran from 1989 - 1996 and spawned an entire universe of characters and series. Always imaginative and thought provoking, it elevated the whole comic industry to new heights. The first eight issues are right here on DCUI (hey, where’s the rest??).

For this challenge, choose any member of the Endless family (Dream, Destiny, Death, Desire, Despair, Delirium, Destruction) or anyone from the connected ‘Sandman Universe’ titles and let your creativity run wild.

Due Date: November 20, 2021
Discussion, works-in-progress and final submission all in the thread below.

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.
Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

12 Likes

697164_original

Noice! @keath just introduced me to some of the characters from their inktober submissions aka Merv and I just started the Dreaming series :+1:

11 Likes

@JKoco17 i am aware of the characters but I have not read them before. They have interesting styles and I may have some ideas.

8 Likes

Does this count? I made a Sandman magnet board, and a Death action figure.

12 Likes

Sounds great. Man, I have to get to reading this series. Always looked so cool.

6 Likes

Nice magnet board and awesome™:+1:costume Death. Looks like an actual official figure.

7 Likes

Merv Pumpkinhead is a fantastic design for a character!

9 Likes

That totally counts! Awesome magnet board and action figure!

6 Likes

Looks like I have some research to do!

5 Likes

:heart_eyes: :black_heart:

5 Likes

:blush::skull:

9 Likes

:black_heart:
x1895

6 Likes

Been wanting to revisit these characters since last October. I did a Dream for inktober.

8 Likes

Definitely counts! Love your custom made figures but that magnet board is pretty amazing too!!! Plus its got the reference pic I’m using for this round :+1:

Edit: who is the character next to merv on the left? They have a very cool design especially with the eyes.

8 Likes

I believe you’re talking about this image-

81662-181730-delirium~3

That’s Delirium

Delirium is one of Dreams siblings, collectively known as the Endless

8 Likes

Delirium reminds me Harley Quinn.

7 Likes

I feel like she could be the secret love child of Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

6 Likes

Working on a concept involving Duma. Thinking along the lines of a possible story arc! I can’t wait to get the illustration done by Tuesday. Just finished drawing Dumah but that is going to be shown Thursday.

5 Likes

Harley (and everyone at Arkham) have definitely visited her realm.

6 Likes