DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #52, July 3 - 10, 2021

Hi @DCFanArtClub! The topic this week is Jack Kirby’s Fourth World!

Originally published in 1971, the Fourth World saga consisted of 3 titles – The New Gods, The Forever People and Mister Miracle (all of which are available right here on DCUI).

Jack Kirby introduced many characters in these comics which are still popular today. The challenge this week is to take a look back at comic book history and create something inspired by any of the characters below. I’ve included links to the original series above and some of the more recent versions below.

Due Date: July 10, 2021
Submit: Post your final work here.
Works-In-Progress should be shared in this thread. :+1:
Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

6 Likes

Keep it restricted to those characters, or anyone from the Fourth World saga? e.g. Forever People are not on character list? What about supporting characters?

2 Likes

Sorry about that, I should word that better. Any character from the Fourth World is fine.

I was trying to use the list to link to more recent items, but then realized there is really a lot out there (except for John Byrne’s run, oddly enough). I kind of ran out gas and just wrapped it up.

4 Likes

A chance to stretch and try Kirby homage? Cool!

4 Likes

This Challenge is

4 Likes

Granny!

5 Likes

Cool. No need to apologize. Just wanted to stay in the intended spirit of the thing. :smiley:

Now… to narrow my ideas down…

4 Likes

Other than Darkseid, I don’t think I have ever done any of these. I hope I can make time to do it justice. Great prompt!

4 Likes

I know I can’t draw like the King. But maybe I can do one of his creations my way…

Not all that familiar with the New Gods though. Hmm, who to draw? I know of Darkseid and maybe a couple others, that’s about it. I probably don’t know that they are in fact New Gods characters though lol

2 Likes

Pencils and inks for my submission

References

images

2 Likes