Weekly Art Challenge #52 Submission Thread - July 3 - 10, 2021 - Jack Kirby's Fourth World

Thank you :pray:

2 Likes

I appreciate it! :pray:

3 Likes

Great work @SGTSUGAR! This remind me that at some point in the future I want to try a ‘classic cover recreation’ where we take inspiration from an existing cover and redraw it in our own style. This is a nice interpretation of Mr Miracle #2.

4 Likes

Thank you :pray: and I have so many covers to pick from!

2 Likes

Oh, I love it! Great colors and a perfect expression. Love the epic collar, too! Nice job!

3 Likes

My initial reaction to this challenge was to go with my fave, Trixie, but I couldn’t come up with a pose. Briefly considered Shilo Norman, but wasn’t sure if he qualified a Fourth World. Then once I came up with this idea I was obsessed. Let’s see if I pulled it off…

Tried a new technique again this week, inking and coloring on my sketch paper. Inked about four times before I was happy with it it was good enough. Still hate coloring, but this time my biggest frustration was lack of shades. :man_shrugging:

So, is it clear?

Goal was to recreate The Greatest Romance Ever Told, reuniting O.G. Forager with a Kirbified Bio Ship from Young Justice

8 Likes

Wow. Very awesome™:+1:
Such a great pair :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That is just emanating Kirby vibes! Fantastic job!

4 Likes

Very Kirby-esque indeed!! I really like the colors. They are well matched without conflicting. I think you did a fantastic job!

3 Likes

Submitted for your critique:
Kalibak

7 Likes

Awesome™:+1:
Cool background and the hair looks great.

2 Likes

Great Kalibak! He looks ready to bash someone with the crackling energy of that club.

3 Likes

thanks @keath :pray:

3 Likes

legit!!! :fire: :fire:

2 Likes

The tiny details look amazing and I like the way your colors bring it together. :batman_madhqtas:

4 Likes

Thank you! I wanted to make sure it conveyed his forward movement and thought this background would do that.

1 Like

Thanks! I know my style just isn’t Kirby, but I love his action poses and Krackle! So, I did my best to incorporate them into this homage.

1 Like

Thank you!!

2 Likes

I got something done this week! Hooray! I’m pretty sure I completely bonked the foreshortening, but I hope I did Barda justice.

8 Likes

I think you did very good with the perspective. It is a very dynamic view of Barda with some nice details. Great job! :+1:

2 Likes