DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #50, June 19 - 26

Hi @DCFanArtClub! This week it is time for something a little different.

Did you know that we have a thread where you can share your ideas for future weekly and monthly challenges?

@IamBeastBoy08 put in a request for:

That led me to wondering which DC comics could be a good tie in and I came upon Batman: Li’l Gotham!

On the DC Fandom wiki page, the series is described as “a version of Gotham City where everything is smaller and cuter, including members of the Batman Family and their villains.”

While not exactly babies, the series by Dustin Nguyen and Derek Fridolfs overflows with cuteness in a watercolor world.

So the challenge this week is to create something inspired by Batman: Li’l Gotham (babies or adults, your choice). You do not have to try and mimic Dustin’s style, but just be inspired by the look of the series and lean heavily into ‘small and cute’.

For DCUI members, the entire series can be found here.

If you’ve never seen the series, here are a few images to get you started.

Due Date: June 26, 2021
Submit: Post your final work here.
Works-In-Progress should be shared in this thread. :+1:

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

11 Likes

This seems like you’re giving me license to draw superdeformed versions of everyone.

SOLD!

7 Likes

I sure am!

7 Likes

!!! I love Li’l Gotham!! I’ll happily contribute to this challenge!!

7 Likes

I’m on it!

5 Likes

Oh crud! I’m behind already on one challenge and here’s another! I’ll work to get my Milestone challenge posted today do I can start on the little cutie Bat family

6 Likes

Awesome™:+1: sounds fun.

5 Likes

Oh, I love Li’l Gotham and really all things Dustin Nguyen! I’m scared of the challenge, but will do my best!

6 Likes

OMG thank you so much.:relaxed:

3 Likes

@JKoco17 i was wondering something on this challenge. Will we still be within guidelines if we draw Batman characters as babies or kids as it might be construed as a different look? Or do I need to stick to Batman characters from Lil Gotham?
Just checking as I don’t want to violate rules and get my picture removed

1 Like

Hi IMM, feel free to do Batman characters as babies.
It doesn’t have to be in Li’l Gotham style.

3 Likes

Half the time I barely follow the prompt to the letter. It’s all for fun.

3 Likes

A little idea. Not sure if I’ll get it fully inked or anything so this may end up being my final.

6 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: this is good!

2 Likes

True but I’m a little gunshot about making characters look different because of the different ways the guidelines can be interpreted. I was less concerned about following the prompt and more making sure I don’t violate guidelines and have it removed

2 Likes

Hilarious! :joy:

2 Likes

Oh my gosh… :rofl: This is fantastic.

3 Likes

@stefanie.m @Shayera.Hol Thank you!

2 Likes

I’ve made… choices.

4 Likes

I think it turned out great @keath! :smiley:

2 Likes