DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #42 EXTENDED! - April 17 - May 1

Inspiration for this week’s challenge comes from @SuperBlueGrodd 's work in the Doom Patrol Fan Art thread.

Do you remember (or have you seen) the corner box art that was used on Marvel Comics up through the early 90’s? It would contain a portait of the hero or, in the case of team books, headshots of the characters appearing in the issue. I always found it exciting when a team roster changed and the corner box changed along with it.

marvel corner box

While DC utilized corner box art only rarely, they did do a lot of ‘roll call’ headshots on covers and interiors. The heads could appear along the top, left, right, bottom or sometimes all four sides!

The challenge this week is to create a Marvel-style team corner box with your favorite DC characters. Everyone from the comics, animation, TV and movies are eligible. Use the faces of your favorite team from any era or just people that look interesting together!

For extra credit, try and give each person a distinct look. Vary the shape of their eyes, nose, mouth or jaw to make them look unique. For example, if you wanted to draw all of the Robins together, how would you make Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian all look different from each other?

Due Date: Saturday, April 24 May 1
I know a lot of folks have been working hard on the monthly challenge this week, so I thought I would extend this one until May 1.
Also, I’m really curious to see Marvel-style corner boxes with DC characters. :grin:

Submit: Post your final work here. Works-in-progress should be shared in this thread. :+1:

@DCFanArtClub
Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

13 Likes

Ooo this sounds fun. :+1:

4 Likes

Whew, thought it was thumb shots or worse, hats !? Gotta get my smiles ready!

4 Likes

Great idea!

4 Likes

Sounds like a fun challenge! I’ll have to give it a shot :wink:

5 Likes

I have to work harder to get a”head” of this challenge. I’ve got no”body” to keep me on track this week. Just wanted to give everyone a “heads” up that I did not forget.

5 Likes

‘Eye’ knew you wouldn’t forget :smile:

5 Likes

“Guilotine” as charged.

4 Likes

I forgot about this! Have to get crackin’.

4 Likes

This sounds fun. I wanna give it a go. I’m glad to find it before the deadline at least.

5 Likes

Welcome! Please do give it a try! Looking forward to seeing what you create.

5 Likes

As Calendar Man you should be best equipped to track deadlines.

4 Likes

I hope this posts. I messed up a bit in some parts, and still needs colors. But I figured I’d share.

6 Likes

Classic Suicide Squad! Looks great!

4 Likes

Haha looks good so far! Can’t wait to see you finish Deadshot :eye:

4 Likes

Looking great! Nailed Boomer and I love Lawton. Cant wait to see with colors too!

1 Like

Thank you so much, you guys!

2 Likes

I know I’m past the due date but I happen to have just made a wallpaper for that’s perfect for this :boom::fire:

3 Likes