Weekly Art Challenge #42 Submission Thread EXTENDED to May 1

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

@DCFanArtClub

Updated 2-May-2021 with all of the final submissions in the top banner image.

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

8 Likes

Here is the Shazam family. I tried to give Billy, Mary, Freddie, Pedro, Eugene and Darla unique features. It was a bit harder than I was expecting!

12 Likes

I wanted to try something with a circle. Hopefully I don’t geometrically disqualified! It’s a strange team up of various heroes and villains who all have some connection to robots and technology. Upper left is a Computer screen with emoji Skeets. The screen lists; T.O. Morrow, Will Magnus, Mr. Terrific, Lex Luthor, Cyborg, Cyborg Superman, Calculator, Brainiac, Metallo, Red Tornado, and Toyman. Lower right is my acronymical use of R.E.D. and a picture of a windmill with tornadoes. I title the project, “Techno Oa: The Search for the Tech Lanterns”. Totally non-canonical of course!

7 Likes

That’s pretty wild! Your art is always very imaginative. It’s really more of a cover concept than a corner box, but I like it!

5 Likes

I never realized how similar all my faces looked until I tried an ensemble lol…

6 Likes

Tried digital art this time, and had a lot of fun! It’s way easier to color things in digitally, haha. Hope y’all like it!

15 Likes

This is great! That is one very creepy Harley Quinn! :scream:

8 Likes

Funny story associated with this one. I was a fan of the show iZombie. I had made a post on DC Universe about the show and I got a message from the admins that it was being moved to a different category than tv shows because it was not DC. I responded that it is based on a Vertigo comic and this is an imprint under DC. I don’t remember if I won the battle or not.
Here’s my head shots for the heroes of the show:

9 Likes

I never watched iZombie, but I’m familiar with some of the actors. That’s a really good likeness of Liv you have there. Nice job!

4 Likes

@JKoco17
Shazawesome™:zap:
Looks great. You did great with the distinction of features :+1:.

@Stephen.Gluck.Henderson.67303
Looks awesome™:+1:. I like the color coating with these robotic/tech characters. Cool.

@K.Bookwyrm
Very awesome™:+1:
Looks great all the expressions fit them great. Really like the shadows around the eyes of HQ and Joker.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
I haven’t watch IZombie but I’ve scene the ads and these look the the characters. Very awesome™:+1:.

6 Likes

I went a little Metal with my choices​:metal:

9 Likes

Very nicely done! I am not familiar with the Shazam family too much but you definitely made each of them their own. I especially like their facial expressions.

5 Likes

Wow! This was quite a different take on the challenge and I thought it was cool. I had to zoom in several times to catch each item and I liked the layout

5 Likes

Very cool! I have not tried digital but this is amazing! I like Joker and Harley and their creepy eyes. It’s like you can tell they’re together and I would be scared to come across them.

5 Likes

Thanks! I actually erased and redid Liv because I felt my first one didn’t look enough like her. I’m glad you liked it

4 Likes

Thanks! It is a good show started as a crime per week show and then developed into social commentary by the end.

3 Likes

Exit light
Enter night
Very cool I recognize some of them but had not read the full story but very bad@$$

4 Likes

Thanks​:+1:
It’s a fun read.

2 Likes

Really nice work on the Dark Knights ( is that what they were called?). That would very much fit on that whole series of specials they had with all of their backstories.

4 Likes

I think that’s what they are called. I don’t think they’ve formally gotten a name. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes