DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #31, Jan. 2-9

Week31Banner

Feels like forever since we’ve done one of these! If you’re not too burnt out from gifting holiday art, get ready for the first weekly challenge of 2021. I’m posting it a day early, so you’re getting a head start as a new year’s freebie. :wink:

Challenge:

Character challenge, this time featuring the sworn protector of section 2814 — Jessica Cruz!

Due: January 9
Submit: Whenever you’re ready, drop your submissions here.

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

@DCFanArtClub

12 Likes

Ok I might try this tanks

6 Likes

Awesome, will be looking forward to it :smiley:

5 Likes

Lol I meant thanks

6 Likes

I’ll have to try to make her out of Minecraft!:grinning:

8 Likes

No worries. I am fluent in Typo. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Nice! Are you going to have her ring in action? :relaxed:

6 Likes

Like the game

5 Likes

Sound like a challenge,:thinking: You gave me an idea how, so I’ll try!:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I might try to get something in this time, but even if not, I’m still going to be checking out whatever submissions there will be. Jess rocks.

7 Likes

Hey, artist support is always just as appreciated as submissions, so thank you in advance!

6 Likes

Oh yes, one of my favorite GLs, I’ll definitely have to try to do something with this. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I haven’t seen her in much, but I always love her when she’s around. Definitely one of the characters I want to look into more this year. :smiley:

7 Likes

Ah yeah! I can almost see this one now! And I can use it to practice some new stuff.

6 Likes

She’s had several different styles, so I’m most curious about which one you’ll go for :open_mouth:

5 Likes

I totally recommend “Green Lanterns” by Humphries.

5 Likes

Thank you for the rec! I keep debating setting up a reading challenge for myself on here. Like, 100 must-read stories before 2022 arrives

4 Likes

I think that’s a cool idea! I can always give more recs if ya need em, I’m sure I can think some up.

5 Likes

I have not drawn this character before so this should be fun. I like the freedom with the Green Lanterns.

7 Likes

Working on Jessica Cruz right now, it really pays off to be a DC Universe member, so I can study and see how her outfit looks in a comic. Beside that, can’t wait to see everybody’s arts of her!:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes