DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #31, Jan. 2-9

Awesome™:+1: always up to draw lanterns and what better one than Jess.

6 Likes

Still have to read that I keep pushing it back. I have to stop doing that​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

What I’m going for!

I think I’m going to redraw her eyes. I HATE DECISIONS

8 Likes

Jessica Cruz(Ring of Volthoom)

Dude, the inks on this one were MESSY! My hands were covered! Not too happy with the pose. Wish I went more dramatic with her. I tried for a nebula look behind her, but I am not sure it is quite right. Overall, I am pretty pleased with the end product though.

At least I got the year right in my signature. :rofl:

11 Likes

I started over from scratch. Here it is before I completely ruin it

@RobArt471 I love your ring energy effect and that star field is beautiful! The nebula turned out great

7 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

That’s gorgeous! Seconding biff— that’s a very cool effect you did with the ring’s powers. In fact, as a whole she seems to be radiating with it. Very neat illusion considering she’s in b&w!

5 Likes

This looks awesome! Have you been practicing without us? :sweat_smile: every time I see you post, I swear your work is kicking it up a notch

6 Likes

I am digging that expression! She looks like she is in a fight and has had about enough and about kick some tail! Now that is dramatic!

Thanks! It is a trial and error type thing with this inking stuff, but super fun.

5 Likes

Thank you! Experimenting with this new ink technique has been fun finding new ways to apply it. I am gonna try another for the official submission, I have more ink on the way. Thanks for the idea of her radiating energy. It makes so much sense and I see it now thanks to you! I think I will try to incorporate it purposely on the next one along with a more dynamic pose.

6 Likes

You have officially made me feel like a slacker and I just got out my tablet to start working!

6 Likes

I’m lurking :eyes:

5 Likes

I won’t snitch. :shushing_face:

5 Likes

thanks, y’all!

my fingers change drawing styles so frequently that i don’t get a chance to practice and get better at drawing any one way :tired_face: it’s an artdentity crisis

4 Likes

Background? No background? :confused: I can never decide. Which one should I submit? Also, it wasn’t intentional, but I think looking over so many anime/manga sources affected this drawing :sweat_smile:

And I was trying to do one of those one-color monochrome things, but I’m 99% sure I’m gonna use her usual colors after all.

(ps: I didn’t draw the background, so no hard feelings if anyone dislikes it!)

8 Likes

Backgrounds look nice but…it doesn’t feel like they fit perfectly. On the other hand the darker background makes her glow stand out.

6:33pm 1/3/2021

5 Likes

i agree with @JessicaCruz, the contrast with the dark background makes her pop!

2 Likes

Yes background!

Also heck yes I love Jessica! I need more of her in my life and will def be checking out the Humphries run, I really like his writing

5 Likes

Ty both! I’ll go with a solid/simple bg but just make it a darker shade :slight_smile:

oop, and thank you, too, @cici!! This is what I get for replying before I finish scrolling

3 Likes

@CynicalPink
I agree with cici on the background.

This is (inter)stellar!

4 Likes