Weekly Art Challenge #31, Submission Thread

Week31Banner

You do not have to be club member to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines.

7 Likes

:grinning: Alot of editing, but alot of fun to make, Here’s Jessica Cruz…

19 Likes

That looks so great! And the details are so intricate :open_mouth: From the power being given off by the ring to her eye-visor thing. And even though we can only see it from the side, the lamp looks super intricate, too. Nicely done!

8 Likes

Happy new year!

This is a digital sketch done with Krita (totally free download and pretty awesome) on a Huion Kamvas 20 drawing tablet.

19 Likes

:grinning:Thankyou so much!

6 Likes

Awesome to see you join us – she came out really good, especially given how hard that perspective is! You’re another one of those annoying people who has no trouble with hands, I bet. :unamused: I’ve heard good things about Krita but never tried it. Most of my digital stuff these days is with Procreate. It’s on iOS only, but it’s $10 bucks (even less during a sale). Highly recommended it you have apple gear!

6 Likes

Thanks! The secret with hands is to just use reference. There’s no shame in looking at the real thing to get the proper perspective.

10 Likes

You gave me the idea to use that as one of the club’s future skill challenges :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I’ve only seen Cruz in the fatal five movie so I based her off that version.

18 Likes

Beautiful job! The uncertainty in her expression is spot on (I only really know her from that movie, too. It made me love her, though!).

7 Likes

The work you do with these creations is amazing! I really like the power coming off the ring :+1:

8 Likes

Nice work! The power coming off the ring is a cool effect and like cp said great work with the hands! And pose. :muscle:

8 Likes

Thankyou so much.:slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

that’s incredible, @Reaganfan78!

@JKoco17 i’m so jealous of your foreshortening skill!

@stefanie.m the emotion on her face! and this might seem like a little thing to you, but the fabric of her hood, i ALWAYS mess that up, and you made it look so good!

8 Likes

If you guys wanted to see Lego version of Jessica Cruz, be sure to checkout Shazam!: Magic and Monster lego movie on HBO Max.:grinning:

8 Likes

I don’t know if this matches her attitude, but I did it anyway!

18 Likes

I always love how intricate these can get! Great job!! :+1:

Edit: Just read CP’s comment and the word intricate came up a lot!! :laughing:

8 Likes

Very nice! I am amazed by you "hand"y work! They look crazy good and in perfect perspective!

8 Likes

I was going to do that version too, but didn’t think I could get the anxious expression right. You sure did!! Superb!

8 Likes

This came out ridiculously great! Awesome!!

8 Likes