DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #26, Submission Thread

With the coming election, things are bound to get more divisive (online and off) in the days ahead. To help everyone focus on the positive, this week the @DCFanArtClub will shine a light on one of DC’s brightest beacons of hope, peace and positivity…

Week26SubmissionBanner

You do not have to be club member to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to our ranks if you’re interested in joining! Find out more here.

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines.

8 Likes

Still in the ink mode which I think looks better than the color :thinking:. Anyway (not a supes fan) went a little dark with this challenge :woman_shrugging: Reference was the movie cover for the death of superman.

13 Likes

Bman to the rescue (sorry supes)

Not sure if I want to ink this and possibly ruin it :thinking: lol. From Public Enemies.

Bman: Clark what the hells a good villian?

Edit:

10 Likes

in the same boat as @stefanie.m on inking (except I DID ink and ruin mine), so i’m uploading the painted pencil version

I know what everyone’s thinking! “I thought Norman Rockwell was dead!” (P.S. I swear I didn’t mean to make the cat’s butthole that big and…pink)

P.P.S. I wish I could draw fabric like that, @stefanie.m!

9 Likes

I like both versions, to be honest! And thank you for joining in, despite him not being a fav :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ink it! Ink it! Ink it!

4 Likes

I really love his expression! You joke about Rockwell, but I usually don’t see you take a more realistic angle with the characters. It’s really impressive! :smiley:

and the cat butt made me laugh

4 Likes

good excuse to draw more and rewatch Public enemies (although i never need an excuse for that movie :sweat_smile:)

Also thanks! And I did ink :crazy_face: and a smidge color. No idea how yall do shadows (@biff_pow and with water colors :thinking: magic) but ima keep working at it :+1:

4 Likes

I don’t draw Superman often. So, I couldn’t figure out what to do with him. I sat down and started scratching at the page with my pencil and this is what came out. I am glad it drew itself, cause I really didn’t know what the heck I was doing. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

@stefanie.m
Both look really awesome™:+1:
Public Enemies fun movie. Always like Bats and Supes team up.

@biff_pow
Very Awesome™:+1:
Painted pencils look amazing.

@RobArt471
Look awesome™:+1:.
So much great details.

5 Likes

I’ve only drawn Supes 3 times but never alone so my first solo Supes. I think it came out great. I’m definitely getting better at shading digitally :sweat_smile:.

Supes near a Sunset.

9 Likes

@NYJt3 Sweet pic! It looks great and the shading is very well done imho.

PS
Thanks for the nice comments. “The devil is in the details” right? Hehe.

4 Likes

Thanks​:+1: I guess it’s in the shading too​:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@stefanie.m love the classic-ness. And I like your ink mode so if you’re stuck there for a while it’s cool with me.

@biff_pow perfect facial expression. So earnest.

@RobArt471 I have to find that cape video. Another great piece.

@NYJt3 the shading looks awesome.

5 Likes

10 Likes

@RobArt471 amazing as always, but i especially like the attention to detail of the little bits of debris falling from the object

@NYJt3 those highlights and shading :heart_eyes: and when we’re talking about Superman, i assume “near a sunset” means “10 feet from the sun” :laughing:

4 Likes

i can’t get enough of your style!

5 Likes

Thanks dude. This one was fun.

2 Likes

@CynicalPink I have finally finished my drawing for this week. I decided to not draw using little S’s (I can hear the groans of disappointment but I needed a break) but I was inspired to show the human side of Superman as he changes. I used Christopher Reeve as he is the true Superman to me.

9 Likes

Well you made wrinkles look easy.

4 Likes