DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #26, Oct. 31-Nov. 7

Hello, @DCFanArtClub! With the coming election, things are bound to get more divisive (online and off) in the days ahead. To help everyone focus on the positive, this week’s challenge shines a light on one of DC’s brightest beacons of hope, peace and positivity…

Week26Bannerv2

Due: Nov. 7
Tools: Anything goes

How it works: This week is a character challenge — illustrate the Man of Steel, Clark Kent!

In a change from our usual routine, I’m making the submission thread open NOW. Find it here. You can submit as soon as you finish.

I hope this gets everyone chatting! It feels like the group got a lot more quiet once we started submitting only one day a week.

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

12 Likes

I’ve been more inactive than active in the community lately. I just started school again, and haven’t had much time for it.

Maybe I’ll try this challenge if I have time.

4 Likes

No worries! Life’s got priorities, and I understand how ya feel on the limited time front. Will be really happy to see you post some art again, though, when you are feeling in the mood and up to it. :halloween_superman: Happy Halloween!

3 Likes

here’s a drawing I did today of Clark flying into action !

10 Likes

@CynicalPink no Superman made of little S’s (though that may be doable hmmm) this time but I think I should be able to work out something.

6 Likes

@richbrownart.5691 Gorgeous piece of work! That would make a beautiful decal. Amazing entry into our challenges - very glad to have you aboard!

@ImpulseMaxMercury You know I look forward to your work, whether it be your wrist-breaking pointillism or your wonderfully detailed illustrations. :wink:

6 Likes

Super Awesome™:+1:

4 Likes

I’ll definitely be up for this! We can always use some positivity from Supes. :slight_smile:

Also, way to start things up, @richbrownart.5691! Very dynamic. I just hope he remembers to take off his glasses after suiting up. :laughing:

3 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes

puts cape on, hums John Williams’ Superman theme and pulls out some drawing pencils

To quote Ash Williams: “Let’s go!”

begins sketching

4 Likes

@CynicalPink Can we post now in the submission thread? Or wait till the end of the week?

Edit: Never mind apparently I cant read :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Dude! Nice entry and welcome aboard. I really like all the color and the brightness of the background and the shine in his glasses.

3 Likes

I forgot to mention this, but be sure to post your work in this General Area thread as well:

That way, non-club members won’t miss out on seeing it :wink:

3 Likes

Oh golly it’s Clark’s time to shine! I’ll most definitely have to get something done for my boy! like possibly even finishing that one thing I already started but abandoned like 2 months ago :sweat_smile::sunflower:

5 Likes

bring that suckah back to life!

I love your Clark (and Bruce) art!

5 Likes

Thankuu, it’s been far too long since I’ve drawn them. I got distracted :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

● A. I dig your use of golly. It’s keen.

● 2. If Clark is your guy the way he is mine, I’m super (see what I did there? :nerd_face:) excited to see what you come up with.

4 Likes

oooh always love a team up. And your art! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

@Vroom Much appreciated :grin: and he’s grown on me so much as I keep drawing him and now I can’t stop drawing him :heart:

@stefanie.m Thank you! I was gonna take the easy route and finish an already started price but I’m currently expirimenting with something new :superhero:

3 Likes

Oooooo :open_mouth:

2 Likes