DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #26, Submission Thread

Thank you! I’ve been getting more comfortable drawing clothes and it’s been getting easier

3 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:. The style is amazing.
The trees are giving me Lorax vibes​:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Very awesome™:+1:. The clothes look amazing.

3 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Absolutely love this one! Like Superman crossed over to the Dr Seuss universe. Your style is fun and very distinctive. It reminds me of Sam Keith a little. Great work!!

PS
Thank you, Jim Lee makes capes so simple. Check it out here https://youtu.be/fjR1apFWzmE

4 Likes

Appreciate the kind words!! The debris was fun to do. I haven’t done it before so now I have a new tool in my repertoire. I just didn’t get the Daily Planet globe quite right, but practice practice practice and it will be better next time I try it.

3 Likes

I second the wrinkles comment! The clothes look as if you used real life references to capture the look. Fantastic pic!!

4 Likes

Thanks and thanks and thanks.

Let me know when you publish your anatomy book. I’ll be getting a copy.

4 Likes

@RobArt471 I wouldn’t know that was your first Superman piece if you hadn’t said it! He looks fierce in hero mode. I am always impressed by your musculature and knees :laughing: That sounds odd, but they look great every time.

3 Likes

@NYJt3 Love the color scheme! I’m so used to seeing him drowning in blue skies. This looks like he’s standing against a sunset/the oncoming darkness of night. So perfect for his character

@_UnderScore Seuss + cats + Supes is just about everything I could ever want in a pic. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I also really enjoy the fact that the cat looks like he’s plotting Clark’s destruction as he’s saved from the tree

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 7.08.56 PM

@ImpulseMaxMercury He’s my favorite live action iteration of the character, too, and you did him justice in this tribute! And while your pointillism is always an impressive sight to behold, I like seeing your signature detailed work as well. Really awesome work with the folds of his clothing, especially!

5 Likes

Thanks!! As an artist you probably know when someone notices the little things(ie eyes or knees) it is a great feeling. Thank you very much!

3 Likes

Great Job IMM, always good to see you posting! I third everyone about the clothes but also the movment in his suit coat and tie :+1: also nice hands and the shine in his hair.

4 Likes

Great work smashing Seuss (Horton hears a who vibe for me) and Supes together and I second CP that cat looks delightfully evil lmao.

2 Likes

A little photoshop play. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Agreed! He looks fanatastic. For real the shading brings him to life and its really well done .also enjoy the back drop too.

3 Likes

Nice! The flare makes it look like it’s an animation that’s been put on pause. I love your work with his cape, too! Gaaah. You guys are really good with materials and textures. :weary: Teach me your magic.

3 Likes

:astonished: your muscles/bodies are always freaking great. And the debris is an awesome touch but also his hands gripping the daily planet is amazing, super struggle. I love it.

3 Likes

I like the way he’s coming right at you, its a great pose and the background is beautiful. Also that cape play :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I had an art teacher in high school who would bring in a sheet and throw it on the table in front of the class and say draw it.

3 Likes

Nice exercise! I’ll have to try that

1 Like