DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #1

Thank you!

2 Likes

@CynicalPink Thank you! :smile: I really like animals, and I agree - giving puppers belly rubs is the best!

@Broken-Knight Thanks :smile: I love crazy doggies. I know a few boxer dogs, and labradors, and the faces they make when they’re hyper are amazing :rofl:

@WonderWoman_85 Thank you so much! :grin: :blush:

4 Likes

Wow @thelunarmouse that is lovely (poor krypto) but just lovely. :+1:I especially like the top one, looks like the day after a night out.

3 Likes

Here’s my attempt at sugar high Krypto. I don’t think it really screams it, but an attempt was made.

11 Likes

Now for attempt number 2:

@Kelex roll 1d99

1 Like

:game_die: 40

1 Like

I wish all this dog art would jump off the page so I could adopt it. Its so cute!

4 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury I love your Zatanna. The expression comes across really clearly. :grinning: The Yoda idea is really clever too! (because he speaks ‘backwards’ but not ‘backwards’, that’s so creative :laughing:)

@AnonymousHQ Again, great job on getting the emotion across. I love the crossed arms, too. It makes the attitude even stronger. :smile:

@stefanie.murr7 Really liking your style. :smiley: I could really do with practicing drawing in a more ‘cartoony’ way. Sometimes I can get too obsessed over tiny details in my drawings, and forget about which bits are actually important.
I love the rabbit, too. Especially in the second drawing, where he’s just poking his head out. :blush:

@EasternShoreSpeedster That is AMAZING! I can’t even believe you did that ‘real quick’ :scream: :heart_eyes: You got so much detail - the shadowing, the glints in the eyes - even all those creases in the candy wrappers. It’s incredible!

@Nightroia I agree with @CynicalPink. Even without the eyebrows, the emotion comes across well. The eyebrows add an extra intensity, too, though. :smile: Liking the detail in the cape, too. :+1:

@Jay_Kay Aww… :heart_eyes: I love the tongue hanging out the side of his mouth. Classic hyper dog thing to do. :laughing: You put a lot more effort into your cape and collar than I did, too. Makes him a lot more instantly recognizable as Krypto than mine. :blush:

Did I miss anyone? I hope I didn’t miss anyone… Let me know if I missed you. :grinning: Everyone’s art is looking amazing by the way. :wink:

8 Likes

:rofl: Yeah, the dreaded: “How much did I drink last night?” - Poor Krypto :joy:

3 Likes

Life Lesson: If you’re not great at one thing, but half-way decent at something else, add a whole lot more of that one thing you’re good at to try and hide what you’re not. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I know that feeling a little too well :sweat_smile:
Flowy fabrics and clothing with creases are really not my forte. Hence, why I like animals :joy: I don’t tend to have to worry so much :rofl:

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

@thelunarmouse Your Krypto looks amazing! If a dog was drunk, I imagine that’s what it’d look like!

3 Likes

Thank you :smile: :blush:

2 Likes

Also, feel like I should add some kind of disclaimer to my post:
I promise no real drunk dogs (or drunk animals of any kind) were involved in the creation of my piece. :joy:

4 Likes

This makes me want to make a new club resource called “Member Wisdom,” because that’s SO TRUE

4 Likes

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Oh, and are we allowed to do more of these?

3 Likes

Thank you @thelunarmouse!! I hope to see more of you in the community, I have never seen anyone take the time to comment on every piece in one post before!

5 Likes

What @Jay_Kay said.

2 Likes

@Jay_Kay Definitely! Make as many as ya like !

2 Likes