DC Fan Art Club: Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer

I like arrow sitting on the beach ball and using his arrow for a smores stick. How did you create this, if ya dont mind my asking.

1 Like

Beautiful (hilarious) work as per usual! Ice cube Nora is funny and dark but also freeze trying to blow bubbles :laughing: Color job is sparkling too!!

2 Likes

So flipping adorable! (I have no idea who he is :woman_shrugging:)

2 Likes

great work IMM, lil ducky GL is adorbs along with volleyball GL’s. Spf is hilarious!

I feel the Greatness.

1 Like

I used a free 3D program (Daz studio), and then used Clip Paint to paint the fire, smores, sea, and sky. Thanks for asking. I’m really over-dependent on my tech, but love being able to contribute.
By the way - I really loved all of the humor in your pic above! Also a little jealous of your shading - is that color penciles

3 Likes

Haha yes. I don’t have a sand colored marker so went with pencils.

Well done though I’ve tried computer drawing once and it was fun but it turned out horrible lol. I just like to doodle.

1 Like

:rofl: Even if you hadn’t had the callout to Raph, I would have immediately pegged him as the one doing the dunking. As a TMNT fan, this made me happy. And I like the variation in color of the water ; gives it a nice pop!

1 Like

Love seeing some new kinds of media among the submissions! The effort put into the background really pulls the piece together, and I love that GA is chilling on a beach ball.

1 Like

Its a very raph thing lol :grin:
Don_vs_Raph_-_Raphael

1 Like

@ImpulseMaxMercury This definitely has a “Starry Night” feel - really nice pencil work. I’m glad to see Mogo is enjoying its summer while being properly protected from the sun with that high quality sunblock!

@Broken-Knight Aw! Ch’p looks great! And I agree with @CynicalPink - this would make an amazing sticker. Really awesome work!

@_UnderScore :joy: love this!! Besides the great sense of humor you demonstrate through this piece, I really like coloring and details!

@churchtalker I love the “relaxingness” of this piece, and the fire looks fantastic! I think Green Arrow is my favorite of the trio - glad to see he is making good use of those arrows!

@stefanie.m This is great!! I particularly love the way you colored the water. I also really like the little added details of the water bottles, shells, and masks. Awesome work!

5 Likes

@WingsOfAether
Thanks yo.

4 Likes

Thanks WoA and good eye I didn’t mean to make them so tiny lol :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes