DC Fan Art Club: October Updates!

OctoberBanner

Hello, @DCFanArtClub !

Those of you who see me around the Iceberg Lounge know my time on DCU has been limited this month due to offline stuff. I hope our newcomers will bear with me. :pray:

Speaking of, let’s give a warm welcome to…

Some of you may have joined because you’re artists, while others may be here as spectators. Either way, please feel free to introduce yourself below or at our Meet the Artist thread!

Now, just a few short updates for the month…

DC Inktober

Rather than our usual monthly and weekly challenges, this month, we’ve dedicated ourselves to Inktober. You can see everyone’s ongoing submissions here.

If a daily challenge is too overwhelming for your schedule, why not pick one prompt you like and do a single ink drawing? That’s the plan of yours truly.

:halloween_batman::halloween_superman::halloween_wonderwoman:Kudos to @NYJt3!

If you haven’t yet seen them, be sure to check out his jack-o-lantern edits, which have been turned into the community’s Halloween icons! Hope I didn’t embarrass ya, but I’m proud of your work. :smiley:

Community Scavenger Hunt

Keep an eye out for the banners that pop up at the top of the community forum! Closer to Halloween, DCU will be hosting a scavenger hunt, which features prompts from the art club and other groups throughout the community. :scarecrowlaughhqtas:

That’s it from me! Huge thanks to the members of the club who have been keeping things running in the Inktober thread in my absence!

11 Likes

Last but not least on our new members list~

Thank you for joining!

7 Likes

Welcome to the Thunderdoom!

5 Likes

Welcome new members. No better month to join.

No you didn’t embarrass me. I was excited when I found out a few days ago in polls about them. Still find it awesome™:+1: that some emojis I made are a part DCU. :grin:

5 Likes

6 Likes

:joy::joy:
I’m not lactose intolerant so its good.

3 Likes

:joy: And I’m sorry I didn’t let you know about it sooner! I’m glad they caught your eye in polls at least

2 Likes

No problem. Your busy. Do what you have to do.

2 Likes

Did someone say Legendary? As in my Legendary Island of Misfits weekly Legends of Tomorrow summary?
Sorry about the plug I haven’t gotten much sleep lately with all these Lightning Bats flying around.

4 Likes

Congratulations! It’s cool when something you create becomes a part of this community! Maybe I should try drawing something using only jack o lanterns. Nah.

3 Likes

Welcome all newcomers! This is a great club to be a part of. Everyone is very supportive of all artist skill levels and they encourage you to continue doing your best! I used to draw sporadically before this club but now I enjoy the challenge it gives me and I am so motivated to draw weekly. It has driven me to challenge myself and make myself better to the point that I draw Batman using bats even though the pains in my hands tell me to stop.

6 Likes

way to go dude! And they super cute great design! :halloween_batman:

And welcome to all the new memebers!
1497375049-pikachu

3 Likes

Way to make an impact!! Nicely done!!

Welcome to all those that are new to the club!! Enjoy what you see and join in if you like, we have tons of fun sharing our artwork!!

See you in the funny papers,
RobArt471

3 Likes

Thanks all​:+1:

2 Likes

I worried im going to be responsible for you developing arthritis :grimacing:

3 Likes

@DCFanArtClub — just a quick update! Those who participate in the community’s Inktober challenge have a chance to get this schnazzy Long Halloween treat as a badge!

9 Likes

That and loss of eyesight from looking at too small of details.
All kidding aside, my last three drawings have been a lot of fun and I’m impressed with how they came out. I’ll work on something else soon

6 Likes

I don’t want to be responsible for your eyes going, either! :scream: But they were super impressive, which is why we all kept badgering you to produce more. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Don’t worry. This is why I took a break. Just trying to find the next thing to inspire me but I enjoyed the challenges

5 Likes

Awesome™:+1:

1 Like