DC Fan Art Club: Monthly Challenge, March 2020

Ok so I thought you gave away my robin @CynicalPink, :joy:. So I didn’t make anything. So I went back and saw you did tag me on that robin with @loganmichaelphilips. So I started this and made deathstrokebot, because the only way to make this robin cool is to go all joker/Jason Todd on it/him?lol, it’s just the start I still gotta put the main image on the page , but everyone should see how this will end for robinbot, much like the actual comic series it was in , lol :joy:.

11 Likes

Looks great! And poor Robin can’t ever seem to catch a break no matter what universe they’re in.

5 Likes

Nicely done with the sequential artwork! Poor Robinbot, tho. :frowning:

6 Likes

Thank you @Broken-Knight, Robin is so cool but you gotta point he seems to get the axe :axe: a lot, lol :joy:.
Thank you :pray:t2: @Jay_Kay, I got about a hour of time into atm , currently pursuing the unconquerable task of laundry :basket:, :joy:. I wanted to do a sequential piece for this challenge, the bottom part is gonna be where I spend most the time for this page. Also everything is my own, just off the top of my head.

5 Likes

So there’s more of the page to come? Dare I hope for Robinbot to rise up and survive this perilous fight?

4 Likes

Yea more, lol, that’s only the top 1/3 of the whole board that I’m using. I’ll post the complete picture when it’s finished.

4 Likes

Does “PUT IT IN A FRAME. NOW.” count as criticism??? That is gorgeous! Hate to let you down, but I am at a loss for any helpful criticism. Uhh… maybe the gold on the right arm would have a bit more variation to it because it’s so close to the flames? I guess? I’m reaching, here. :rofl:

4 Likes

Sorry for all my screw ups with the claims listing! :sweat_drops: I’m glad (and RELIEVED) you’re still joining us for this! Even though it’s gonna spell b a d - e n d for Robinbot. :rofl: Forking fantastic action, as always, with your art. And I’m sorry I missed the group Robin piece above. I LOVE that art! Still miffed I missed out preordering the 80th with that cover. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Duuuude. By the time I made my claim, I didn’t know any of the Robins, so I started reading some of the titles at random.

Every one I picked was depressing. I finally settled on the samurai Robin, which was going great. Fun, ninjastic times, until the last page, when he decided to gut himself for failing to honor his name and Batman’s legacy.

4 Likes

Holy crap, I need to read this and cry about another Robin now

Edit: I need to read all these stories and cry about all the Robins

3 Likes

No worries :wink: @CynicalPink, still got plenty of time to finish :sunglasses:. Well I went and found the whole series of that robinbot at the comic shop near me and :flushed: wow, but anyway I thought this would make a better ending lol. I’m still going to ink that robin 80th pic . I just gotta make a copy, I don’t want to mess with the original pencil I did .

3 Likes

I finished my monthly challenge drawing. One of my red pens died when I was drawing the original Duke Thomas suit. I also tried to put like a mirroring affect on it. This supposed to be like the before and after drawing of Duke Thomas.

11 Likes

@RedDeath_Earth13 This came out awesome! It looks like pop art you’d find in a gallery! I’m sorry the club is responsible for the death of your pen, though (seems like there are a growing number of pen casualties in this thread… ). The bit of reflection, especially along that teal edge, add a really sharp contrast, too. Ya did the character justice! Thank you for joining in with this month’s challenge!

4 Likes

I would like to claim Richart Graustark-Thrillkiller

4 Likes

@drewdavidyowaiski.38225 Glad to have ya with us! Just added your claim to the list :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I am very impressed you went out and got a copy! :rofl: Now is that a good wow or bad wow? I was gonna do the Thrillkiller Robin (bc i liked the art). Then I read it and was a little … uhh… distraught :scream:

And yay!! I’m so excited to see your colors for Robin group! When the month is over, I’m gonna have to somehow direct the main community over here to show off everyone’s art.

5 Likes

Well I got it for 20 cent an issue so it was as good as 20 cent for an issue, lol :joy: :skull_and_crossbones:. Yes most definitely have to get out and make copies, been meaning to do this for a lot of my work . I get so scared on certain pieces once they’re done to try and ink or go over and do anything with them, what if I ruin them :scream:!?!.

3 Likes

:joy:I’m so sorry ya got what you paid for, but hey, you’re making gold from lead with that art. I can’t wait to see the full page.

And I’m starting to feel like we need a support group around here. There’s at least five of us who are always terrified of ruining our work with color. :cold_sweat:

7 Likes

Yo! Be nice to Robinbot! I just met the thing, but what the heck man! Kidding, kind of, but seriously, wicked awesome piece! I always love seeing your stuff!

5 Likes

I love it! Duke is definitely growing on me and quickly becoming one of my favorite members of the bat family, definitely an incredible piece here, love both the idea of it, and the turnout!

3 Likes