DC Fan Art Club: Monthly Challenge, March 2020

Should we make a DCFAC thread just for posting our random non weekly/monthly challenge related art so it’s easier to see? Or do we already have one of those and I’m just blind? Haha

5 Likes

That makes so much sense we should do that, unless I’m blind too

4 Likes

Here’s Scarecrow

8 Likes

Take 2

i was going for a style with the long arms but he just…has long arms. and his eyes don’t match because i couldn’t decide which one i liked better :man_student:

16 Likes

Yep.

2 Likes

@biff_pow which robin is that again?

2 Likes

earth 2!

earth2robin

3 Likes

whoa, original Dick. put a shirt on!

3 Likes

@DCFanArtClub - Updates!

Finished
You are an inspiration to us all! And unless I made a mistake, your art work has been linked to in the opening post. :star: If you would like to do a second piece, you may now choose from the leftovers. :star: Just leave your claim in a comment.

Unfinished
Those who haven’t yet submitted (including me) - this is just a quick reminder that we’ve got about 1/2 a month to go! That’s loads of time. :flash_hv_5: Good luck!

9 Likes

@EasternShoreSpeedster – Dude, your Carrie is so awesome! Love the dynamic pose and using her signature sling shot. :smiley:

@DrewWorldOrder – Very cute! Like how one of Porker’s goons’ got that “put 'em up” stance! Dude’s probably going to be turned to bacon in a minute.

@Viciousdark – Holy crap that is an amazing reproduction! :open_mouth:

@chongoboy1014 – Great work! Those two ink pens did not die in vain!

@RedDeath_Earth13 – Nice work! I especially like the pencils and how you shaded her in.

Also, can we just…draw other Robins we want to draw for funsies? Because I may do that once I get done with my Jason.

@biff_pow – Looks great! And hey, maybe the long arms is from him taking scare lessons from Slender Man! :laughing:

5 Likes

@biff_pow I keep repeating myself, but I love how vibrant your art is with your new crayola stash! And I’ll never get enough of this costume. :star_struck: I really think this is one of your best pieces you’ve shared, too, in terms of anatomy and form! I didn’t even catch that the eyes don’t match. It looks natural! I thought he was doing a c0cked-eyebrow look (pervy Kelex. You know what I was trying to type).

@chongoboy1014 - Sorry, but not sorry, because that came out amazing! Love how you handled the shading; it gives it so much dimension, and a great gritty look (especially the Red Hood in the background, and the torso in the front). I also really like that you found a way to make it clear that this is showcasing Jason’s part in the Red Robin legacy, rather than Tim’s. Great stuff, thank you for sharing your pens and skills this challenge!

@EasternShoreSpeedster Duuuuude. Once again I had to blow up your art to full size to really appreciate all the care that went into it. The details of her eyes behind the goggles is a low-key but fantastic touch! And I feel like I’m repeating myself from the other thread, but I’m always impressed with your pose/hand skills, as well as your backgrounds! The lightning is a perfect touch for Carrie’s spirit, too. Thank you so much for the contribution to the challenge!

@DrewWorldOrder This made me smile so much! I love that you went all out and made a full scene for the challenge. Was the Porker an actual character in the series, or is he and the gang your own creation (… and is it weird that I kinda want a crossover with him battling Spider-Ham). Anyhoo! The cell-shading coloring was done awesomely, especially on Boyd, who looks good enough to be the blueprint for a pin or other DC merch! Glad you shone some light on this lesser heard of character, and thank you for joining us for our first monthly! Hope to see you around for the next!

I think I got everyone so far, but if not, just tag me and start yelling! This is the most I’ve been out of bed in what feels like forever, so I’m still a little :dizzy_face: Thanks again, everyone, for starting us off strong with this month’s Robin celebration!

7 Likes

Ok so I don’t think I’m done yet, but I wanted to show you guys how I’m doing so far, and I would really appreciate it if you gave some criticism about the piece, because I want to make it the best I can!!

15 Likes

That’s amazing

4 Likes

@loganmichaelphilips that is incredible! One of my biggest struggles in art has been showing something as metal or shiny, and you’ve done that really well. As far as “critiques”, all I can say is I’m just not 100% sure what’s going on in the pic, and that’s probably more ignorance on my part soooo​:sweat_smile: in all reality it looks fantastic!

2 Likes

:dizzy_face:

My only criticism is that you’re hogging talent :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

@chongoboy1014 so I did robinbot, who can shoot off his arms like rockets, I tried to reflect everything outside of the frame inside the metal, but I think I understand your confusion. As for the background they are at some dock kind of place with a large building of some sort behind them. Oh also if you were wondering, the joker is the one about to be punched. I hope that explains my piece a little better!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Also, I apologize to everybody. I’ve been wanting to respond to everyone else’s pieces, but I’ve been so caught up I haven’t been able to look at the app much lately. I think everyone’s art on here is incredible, and I am so impressed with everything I’ve seen. I think it’s fair to say these challenges have pushed us all a little bit past our limits, but you have all taken them so so well! I sound like a broken record, but I am so impressed with the art everyone’s done, I think it’s amazing. Whether It makes me laugh, take a screenshot, or straight up gawk at my screen, I love all of it so much, and I think this is a great community in both the art and the people in it. Thanks everybody! You’re all fantastic!!

3 Likes

Ohhh okay so the jokers a reflection on there​:joy: I thought he was in the robot not gonna lie​:sweat_smile: my mistake, thanks for clarifying. Other than what I said, I think it looks great! Well done!

3 Likes

Thank you for all the kind words on this piece! This was the first time I have drawn Carrie—I’ve read DKR a lot times, but never have drawn any of the Frank Miller versions of the characters before. It was a lot of fun to finally draw one!

4 Likes

Thank you, it was fun piece to work on!

2 Likes