DC Fan Art Club: August 2022 Spotlight- Alan Grant, Harley Quinn and Sandman!

Definitely was Bat-tasticly super-wonderous :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Lexcellent :laughing:

4 Likes

Hey, if anyone wants to tip the editorial staff off and get a Team No Joke miniseries going, I certainly wouldn’t mind moonlighting as a miniseries writer…

Nudge nudge, DC.

4 Likes

Steal away! :smiley:

5 Likes

Hello, it is I, Clayfaaaaaace!

13 Likes

That looks AaaAawsome™:clayface_hqas:

2 Likes

Made some Deaths for Sandman. Both the TV and comic version. Had to through Matthew in there too.

Like how it came out. Had fun with the design and hair. Also the background.

10 Likes

Thank YoooOOOooo! (ah, it never gets old).

Nice work on the Deaths with another great background. Your backgrounds are really a big part of your signature style.

3 Likes

Ok @DCFanArtClub i have a dilemma.
I have drawn my Alan Grant tribute (I still will draw a Ventriloquist and Scarface @JKoco17 ), I have drawn Harley but now I’m getting stuck on Sandman. I have never read the series but I have drawn Death as she appears in the series and I have drawn Morpheus as well. I may have even drawn John Constantine as part of my Legends tributes. The wife of one of my friends even interviewed Mr Gaiman for a book once. I am just struggling with the hook that drives me to draw. I am asking the club if you have a suggestion of which character to draw or scene to be inspired by . I want to complete the challenge for this month just need a little inspiration.

7 Likes

Well, since I’m not participating in this challenge (as I have with the other challenges. Someday I’ll get to it), I would make the main colors black and sand color. Place Sandman at the center with his hands open and have the sand coming out of his hands and surround him throughout the canvas/paper. If you want to add other characters, I would faintly draw them in on the sides and blend them in with the sand. Just an idea, which is something I would do, and since I’m not participating, I wouldn’t mind somebody else to give it a shot. Hopefully that helped

6 Likes

I’m going to do something with the helm. That helmet looks mechanical and creepy and I want to give it a try.

There are a lot of interesting characters with cool visuals….Cain and Able (house of mystery and house of secrets), Merv Pumpkinhead and Delirium, just to name a few.

7 Likes

Thank you @TheMidnightGhost for your suggestion. I may try it at a future time when I have a little more time to compose it. I would want to get the sand texture just right.
Thank you @JKoco17 for your suggestions. I was drawn to Merv. I got Return to Oz feels for the character so I tried to replicate a creepy pose.

11 Likes

whoa, that’s awesome!

3 Likes

Very awesome! I like when you try the non-realistic stuff! Your Captain Carrott, Clayface and now Merv Pumpkinhead have all been great.

4 Likes

@JKoco17 this Scarface and Ventriloquist is for you! I even tried to make it look like the Ventriloquist was nervously sweating due to Scarface’s outburst.

10 Likes

Thanks for drawing a Scarface and Ventriloquist! Very nice!

Scarface’s pinstripe suit looks great and you really captured those crazy eyes!!

3 Likes

Here’s Sandman with his helm.

I had a couple pieces of reference and inspiration for this. One from the Netflix show and one from Kelley Jones. I tried to add a bit of my own spin on it.

10 Likes

Great job with the split identity. When Tim Sale died I drew a similar drawing. Great minds…

3 Likes

Love the poses! You really draw the figures composed well!

2 Likes