DC Fan Art Club: August 2022 Spotlight- Alan Grant, Harley Quinn and Sandman!

RiP Alan Grant. Victor Zsazs was always an awesome antoginst. I enjoyed beating him as Batman in Arkham Asylum and Arkham City!

I’ve got something in mind for the L-couple!

And Sandman, :thinking:.

7 Likes

For this month’s challenge I started with Harley Quinn, based on her look in BTAS but posed like Margot Robbie.
I am looking forward to working on the other prompts as well (though @JKoco17 you took my idea for Alan Grant but I think I have another…)

12 Likes

Nicely done!

3 Likes

Really awesome!! :fire::fire:

3 Likes

So cool, love those 2.

3 Likes

Classic but still a cool choice and very well done for a quick sketch!

3 Likes

Superb work! Really love the color work on this one!

3 Likes

Great facial expression! Nicely done!

3 Likes

I drew another, featuring Harley and a couple of “friends” she forced to join her club. See if you can tell where I started to get tired.

My idea being Harley arranged a “Team No Joke” of people that were wronged by the Joker…and drags Barbara and Jason in, and they don’t really want any part of it.

13 Likes

Drawing number two this month: my tribute to one of Alan Grant’s best creations, Victor Zsasz. I enjoyed the way he was portrayed on Gotham with a little wry humor but nothing beats his original look from the comics. I especially liked the triangular sunglasses look to his eyes so I tried to capture that just with having wrinkles and sunken eyes. I also tried to make each cut look infected. I looked up a lot of various strange terms to pull together this look so I’m sure I’m on a list somewhere.

12 Likes

Looks good!

3 Likes

You got his creepy cool factor wayyy up there! :fire:

3 Likes

@IamBeastBoy08
The first looks great and the second is looking awesome™:+1:

@the_Rubber_Bandit
Looks awesome™:+1:. Great expression. Like the Diamond shading.

@KingOfTheWickerPeople
Awesome™:+1: vintage Sandman. that suit look great. And the Team No Joke looks great too.

@JKoco17
Looks awesome™:+1:. Great showing of there personalities in this.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Awesome ™:+1: Harls. Great posing.
And great Zsasz too. Has his terrifying charm.

9 Likes

Finish my Alan Grant tribute and decided to go with the main man. In all his chaos just taking a moment to reflect on it all. Leaning on his bike with his classic cigar in mouth.

Enjoyed making the silhouette and the space background. Rest In Peace Alan Grant

11 Likes

@RobArt471 and @NYJt3 - thanks, I really appreciate the kind words!

@ImpulseMaxMercury - really nice facial expressions on your two pieces. You have a wide range of emotions between Harley and Zsasz. Now I’m kind of curious what you could do with Ventriloquist and Scarface.

@KingOfTheWickerPeople - nice idea and composition.

@NYJt3 - beautiful tribute! The night sky background is awesome and the glowing cigar is a nice touch.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Just beautiful.

2 Likes

2 Likes

These are awesome :purple_heart: Great job so far everybody!

(:eyes: I like to lurk the art threads. Don’t mind me.:see_no_evil:)

8 Likes

@IamBeastBoy08 Great job in these HarlIvy pieces, your ability to capture the style of the show and nail their body language/expressions is awesome!

@Shayera.Hol that little bat gif is so cute don’t mind if I steal him! :catwoman_hv_3:

@NYJt3 happy belated birthday! Hope you had a bat-tasticly super-womderous day!

@the_Rubber_Bandit Great job! I love the detail of the diamonds that’s so unique! Also really appreciate your variation of line thicknesses, gives a liveliness to her despite the flat style :ok_hand:

@KingOfTheWickerPeople Nice! The details and composition of your sketch really make this pop!
Also the No-Joke club is amazing I need a comic with these three STAT! :rofl: How is that not a thing already?! It’s not a thing already is it??

7 Likes