DC Community Survey: We Want Your Feedback!

Pre-pandemic, I know that Applejack and the staff here were running the Community Hero program, awarding members who made good contributions to the community. People were receiving surprise packages full of goodies in the mail for making good contributions to the community. This dropped off when the pandemic started, since the staff no longer had access to the DC offices to be able to put together these packages. I’d like to see this, or something like this, brought back. @Jitsu mentioned the program back in March, so it’s clearly something that’s being thought about. If there were to be a DC Ambassador program, it should be along the same lines as what the Community Hero program was: a status conferred by the staff here for being a “community member in good standing” and “for making valued, positive contributions to the community”, rather then something that is earned by doing stuff for “points”. What, exactly, the reward is is less important to me than that it would be awarded by the staff, but some examples of potential rewards could be:

• Bringing back the surprise mailed boxes of physical goodies
  • NFTs or other virtual prizes
  • Access to a special area of the community just for Ambassadors, even above and beyond the Iceberg Lounge
  • Invites to private Q&As/virtual meet-and-greets with creators/talent
  • Ability to be part of a private focus group panel that would make suggestions and provide feedback to help steer the direction of and improve both the community and the DC Universe Infinite service

Actually, I think that last one is the one that appeals to me the most. If DC Ambassadors had a direct line to the people running the show, particularly on the DC Universe Infinite service/content/app side (moreso than the community), I feel that that would be extremely valuable for everyone involved. Ambassadors would be able to express their ideas and give their suggestions directly to those in charge. And I’d think (hope?) that the DC Universe Infinite staff (the content team, the dev team) would want to hear direct feedback from the most dedicated and passionate users of the service, those most familiar with it and who engage with it the most, to help the service realize its full potential and make it as great as it can possibly be.

But, again, the most important part of a potential DC Ambassador program for me would be that it would be something awarded by the community staff in recognition of valuable contributions to the community, rather than something that’s automatically given when you hit a certain point threshold.

Edit: Oh, hey, it’s my cake day! :smiley::partying_face:

13 Likes