DC Community Survey: We Want Your Feedback!

Hello, Friends!

Now that we’re about halfway through the year, myself and the rest of the DC team would love your help in building a better community for everyone. We’ve gone through a lot of changes and growth over the last few years, so it’s a perfect time to do a temperature check on your experience as a DC Community member!

We’ve made a DC Community survey, that will allow you the opportunity to give us your honest feedback on this site/community, and the ways in which we can learn and grow as we continue through the year. This survey should take about 10-15 mins to complete, and will be super helpful both for me and the other amazing teams at DC Comics. This survey is entirely anonymous, so please be as honest as you can, and include whatever relevant information you think would be valuable to share. All thoughts, experiences, ideas, or just general feedback are welcome! The more insight you give us, the better at our jobs we can be.

Thank you in advance for all your insight and help!

<3 Jitsu :batparrot:

Click here to take the DC Community Survey

27 Likes

Love doing DC survey, going to do it right now.:grinning:

Edit: And done, I did it.:slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

I just did it!

8 Likes

In the words of Principal Skinner:

“Done and done. And I mean done!”

8 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m all over this!

If the DC Community site implemented an ambassador program that offered exclusive perks for DC Ambassadors, would you visit the DC Community more frequently or less frequently?

I think this question may need some further clarification. I’m not sure what a DC Ambassador would be, what would qualify one to be a DC Ambassador, etc.

11 Likes

Mission accomplished.

8 Likes

Done. Hope the feedback helps, and yeah a discord server would be neat.

7 Likes

Done

7 Likes

We were vague on purpose as a program such as this does not exist yet. We’re just putting feelers out, so read the question more as ‘If we had your perfect form of a DC Ambassador Program, would that make you visit more or less frequently?’

If you wanted to share with us some ideas of what YOU would like to see there, please feel free to let us know in the comments for this thread too :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Can anybody be a DC Ambassador? :thinking:

7 Likes

I love the idea of DC Ambassador and feel like there was something like this in the past, right? When there was still video on this you got points for watching videos and the more points you had the more status you had…I’m vague on the details but that sounds right. I remember watching a lot of shows to earn more points!

If there were something that rewarded people for being active in the Community forums AND for reading comics then I think that would be a good thing. Add in bonus points for referring people who subscribe and I think we’re on our way to a DC Ambassadors program - or SuperFriends. :wink:

The only drawback I can think of is that I’d hate for people to feel obligated to do something, for people to find a way to cheat the system or for people to feel less valued because they don’t have the opportunity to read as much as others or spend as much time on the boards as others. But at the same time I like the idea of rewarding those that are active and engaged so at the end of the day I would fully support something like this and hope it comes to pass.

9 Likes

More chips! MORE CHIPS!

:laughing:

8 Likes

Pre-pandemic, I know that Applejack and the staff here were running the Community Hero program, awarding members who made good contributions to the community. People were receiving surprise packages full of goodies in the mail for making good contributions to the community. This dropped off when the pandemic started, since the staff no longer had access to the DC offices to be able to put together these packages. I’d like to see this, or something like this, brought back. @Jitsu mentioned the program back in March, so it’s clearly something that’s being thought about. If there were to be a DC Ambassador program, it should be along the same lines as what the Community Hero program was: a status conferred by the staff here for being a “community member in good standing” and “for making valued, positive contributions to the community”, rather then something that is earned by doing stuff for “points”. What, exactly, the reward is is less important to me than that it would be awarded by the staff, but some examples of potential rewards could be:

• Bringing back the surprise mailed boxes of physical goodies
  • NFTs or other virtual prizes
  • Access to a special area of the community just for Ambassadors, even above and beyond the Iceberg Lounge
  • Invites to private Q&As/virtual meet-and-greets with creators/talent
  • Ability to be part of a private focus group panel that would make suggestions and provide feedback to help steer the direction of and improve both the community and the DC Universe Infinite service

Actually, I think that last one is the one that appeals to me the most. If DC Ambassadors had a direct line to the people running the show, particularly on the DC Universe Infinite service/content/app side (moreso than the community), I feel that that would be extremely valuable for everyone involved. Ambassadors would be able to express their ideas and give their suggestions directly to those in charge. And I’d think (hope?) that the DC Universe Infinite staff (the content team, the dev team) would want to hear direct feedback from the most dedicated and passionate users of the service, those most familiar with it and who engage with it the most, to help the service realize its full potential and make it as great as it can possibly be.

But, again, the most important part of a potential DC Ambassador program for me would be that it would be something awarded by the community staff in recognition of valuable contributions to the community, rather than something that’s automatically given when you hit a certain point threshold.

Edit: Oh, hey, it’s my cake day! :smiley::partying_face:

13 Likes

Took the survey

7 Likes

HAPPY DCUNIVERSSARY @KookieSuperApe!!!

9 Likes

done.

7 Likes

What rating?

4 Likes

Regarding “DC Ambassador”, what I took the question to mean is what I understand the current DC Ambassador program to be: something for those who have social media presence and use it to promote DC. I believe youtubers and podcasters like Brad the DC Universe Geek and the Aspiring Kryptonian are members, receiving DC goody boxes and sharing with their audience. At least I’m sure Brad is, since he announced it on his channel not too long ago and has already shared at least one such box.

6 Likes

Wholeheartedly agree. It was by far one of the nicest gestures I’ve seen a company do for their fans.

12 Likes

I took the survey. Love it!
This sounds like a awesome idea.
But @Jitsu @Alec.Holland and the rest of the Mods.
I have a VERY important question that your friendly neighborhood BigBlock would like to ask….
Let’s say,……for arguments sake……that a particular DCUi Member,(not to name names, but said member’s name begins with a “B” and ends in a “Block”), would love to be an Ambassador, but….let’s say……that said member, constantly posts things in the wrong thread, makes horrible topics that everyone hates, posts the dumbest polls, uploads the most ignorant gifs, and is an all-around Boring sort of guy……
Would said member still be eligible to try to be an Ambassador?
:thinking:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes