:00_dc_pride: DC Book Club(s) Vol. III - DC Pride! :00_dc_pride:

Hi. Thanks for letting me know. I mostly read back issues so I hadn’t known about the delay.

7 Likes

I feel that Dolly will help remind Kara to relax every now and then - she seems really laid back and I think that’s going to be important for Kara moving forward becoming a superhero and fighting crime - that type of life can weigh heavily on anyone.

I think it’s interesting to note both of her friends, Dolly and Jen - you have Dolly who is more lax and Jen who is kind of the opposite of that. Did anyone else notice this? I think it might help Kara find her path being in the middle and having a bit more of a moderate personality.

6 Likes

My take
From
DC History Club
June Tupic
Supergirl Being Super

5 Likes

Greetings, friends!

This week’s newsletter containing a gorgeous set of digital downloads and printable bookmarks is here!

We also want to give a very big “hey there hi there” to our newest DCBC members:

:batparrot: @druzielil.24533
:batparrot: @maxrubbydaxter.68803
:batparrot: @ashleighharmon0405.12399
:batparrot: @jburke0206.89144
:batparrot: @easymodegamer.070.27472
:batparrot: @jramabile.95518
:batparrot: @cat14
:batparrot: @nancyepants2.75173
:batparrot: @zed411.2628
:batparrot: @ry.w.bryant.85604
:batparrot: @Reagybear6.18221
:batparrot: @princesslilly23
:batparrot: @madxqueen.65545
:batparrot: @ajsdmc3.98733
:batparrot: @Bnyo864.60024
:batparrot: @camila01.64307
:batparrot: @michaelsanchez5224.13574
:batparrot: @lcol1269.81925
:batparrot: @kyla.thomsonkt.23833
:batparrot: @JasonP.Todd1
:batparrot: @fcole2860.9193
:batparrot: @trisrxes
:batparrot: @mmartinm13
:batparrot: @Ethan21

Welcome to the party, pals! Don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions about the DC Book Club :hugs:

13 Likes

picks up walkie-talkie, then does his best Alan Rickman/Hans Gruber impression

“Mister…McClane, is it?”

politely asks Al Powell if he can supply the newbies with Twinkies

Al is a badass, and loves to spread the joy of Twinkies.

6 Likes

Welcome to all of our wonderful new-comers! :batparrot: Batman approves this message.

358F1163-BBED-4461-B5C9-8159E273E713

6 Likes

Welcome to all of the new members! We look forward to getting your perspective on the titles for this months discussion!

8 Likes

That Authority storyline: Interesting, but what the heck lol. Glad to see Midnighter and Apollo get hitched in 2002!

8 Likes

Right?! This was my first time reading that one. It’s not what I’m used to but I really enjoyed it! Did you have a favorite panel?

6 Likes

sees more people becoming fans of The Authority

7 Likes

Veeerry goood :smiling_imp: who is your favorite character? I’d have to go with Swift :heart_eyes: I love the no nonsense “I will end you” attitude! Muahaha >:]

6 Likes

I’ve always been a Jack Hawksmoor guy.

5 Likes

Offhand, the easy answer would be Midnighter, because I love how he doesn’t **** around and just GETS. THINGS. DONE.

With a bit more thought into it however, I would say The Engineer. Her visual aesthetic always catches my attention. I’m extremely interested in a live-action movie based on The Authority, so I tend to imagine how she’d look in live-action while I read her in the comics.

4 Likes

I can’t agree more, she has some gorgeous panels - I posted one of my favorites of hers below. I imagine she’d be a very difficult cosplay.

Engineer_Angela_Spica_0001

4 Likes

Have you seen the TV series Heroes of Cosplay?

It was on the Syfy Channel a few years back and very entertaining (and this comes from a guy who has a mild, at best, interest in cosplay). I would have loved to see one of their contestants attempt an Engineer cosplay, because if anyone could, it’d likely be them.

SN about HoC: Chloe Dykstra was a contestant on the show. She’s the daughter of famed visual effects pioneer John Dykstra, who has worked on many well-known movies, including Star Wars and Batman Forever.

4 Likes

I have seen it! I have a soft spot for a lot of Syfy shows along those lines, including Face Off, Hot Set, and Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Challenge. I was hoping for more seasons of it, but I remember it came under some controversy regarding how they portrayed the cosplay scene. Maybe one day they’ll reboot it. :smiley:

4 Likes

I loved Face Off!

Henson fan I am, I never got into their show, for whatever reason.

Although, a Sci-Fi (back when they spelled it right) Channel show I absolutely love that featured make-up and creature effects by the Henson Company was Farscape. One of my all-time favorite shows.

6 Likes

I read those, and they did seem like you.

3 Likes

I love Farscape so much. I’m still holding out hope they do a follow up series or movie. I’ve been holding on to that hope for literally 18 years now. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I’ve just started rewatching Farscape, it’s amazing how great a show it is.

4 Likes