DC and Webtoon Announce First Title – Batman: Wayne Family Adventures

It was HILARIOUS and also very SAD that she got fired because people didn’t follow her on twitter. I really like how they’re doing all three so far - really excited to see more!

5 Likes

It’s up! Yay :grinning:! Never been a big fan of opposite talking Bizarro but the first 3 episodes were still great. Lots of funny stuff.

The second episode gave me Uncharted vibes lol made me want to play the games again.

5 Likes

I’m gonna go on a limb and say that seeing Bizarro ride a pterodactyl while wearing a cowboy hat was one of the best things ever. :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

It amuses me that Red Hood follows the tradition of Artemis once again getting a new weapon the moment a new creative is writing her. ‘By the power of Greyskull~ I have the power~’ based magical transformation via magic sword of Ra is a surprising addition.

7 Likes

We now have not one, but two Webtoons with Jason Todd in them. How happy are you right now, @TheWifeOfJasonTodd? :grin:

5 Likes

I’m pretty happy… :grin::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

giphy (49)

And also because COWBOY ACCESSORIED OUTLAWS!!!

3 Likes

:joy: :hugs:

I’m also pretty happy to have Artemis and Grace Choi featured in weekly Webtoons…but could we please have some Diana now? Please? I’ll throw coins at it and everything. :pleading_face:

5 Likes

Never say never. I think the more the other comics become successful the more DC will decide to collaborate more. I think they tested the waters with WFA because Batman anything usually sells well, and so far they’ve tested more waters with characters that don’t usually get the spotlight, and then you have the Outlaws which is becoming more popular now because of Rebirth (it wasn’t so popular during New 52). So who knows what the future will hold?

5 Likes

I am a bit mystified that we don’t have a Superman and Wonder Woman type Webtoon.

5 Likes

I’m gonna be honest here I’m a bit confused by this. I saw this weapon and thought this was Ra, as in the Egyptian Sun God, Ra. But all the comments in the Webtoons were about Greyskull… I don’t know a lot about Greyskull but I’m confused.

Either way, it is really cool though, I’m excited to see more.

5 Likes

Oh, that is because [spoiler]

she is using a magic sword which is causing her outfit to magically transform into a cooler more armored version. So people are making the comparison to He-Man or She-Ra which had a similar conceit.

He-man Every Transformation from Masters of the Universe - YouTube
All Transformations - (She-Ra) - YouTube

Though the pose she uses bears alot of similarities to the one used in Thundercats.

Meanwhile im wondering between the Bow of Ra and now the Sword of Ra, just how many Ra themed super weapons Artemis is going to have at this rate. :laughing:

[/spoiler]

5 Likes

Ohhh, thank you for explaining that! That makes so much more sense now.

3 Likes

I assumed that it was supposed to be somewhat of a reference to the Bow, but maybe they had to change a few details when they got the rights to make this series, like how Bizarro talks opposite like he traditionally has, but he didn’t in Rebirth.

Keep in mind my knowledge on all that legal stuff is very limited, but it’s a theory.

3 Likes

The creatives give the impression that there was less legal stuff involved, and more alot of decisions on their part in that interview they did with CBR Red Hood: Outlaws: Young and Bascuñán Discuss DC's New Webtoon Series

4 Likes

Just read the first issue of Red Hood and the Outlaws.

Oh wow, that was good.

3 Likes

Season 2 is coming this Wednesday!

Very exciting!

6 Likes

Woo can’t wait​:tada:

3 Likes

Me neither! Though I’m very curious if these kinds of basically last minute announcements are normal/effective? Feels like the first season had the same short timeframe from announcement to launch.

Anyhoo, BRING ON THE ADVENTURES!

3 Likes

So excited!!! These were nice little pick-me-ups during the week.:grinning:

9 Likes

yay

5 Likes