DC and Webtoon Announce First Title – Batman: Wayne Family Adventures

A while back DC announced a partnership with digital comics app Webtoon to develop original series. Today they announced its first title, Batman: Wayne Family Adventures, to be released later today!

So it’s a slice of life-ish book about Bruce dealing with his small army of orphans and their issues?

…I have been waiting for this book for YEARS. Sign me the heck up.

35 Likes

Really like this concept for a batman webcomic. If it has a similar tone to the Batman and Robin annual #1 from the new 52 era then I will be on board.

9 Likes

Just so you guys know, the series is up now. There are three issues up for free, and you can access three more by buying some of Webtoon’s coins with real money. I was kind of surprised by that at first but I guess that makes sense – how else are they so successful with free comics?

They’re pretty cute and I think most of the characters feel authentic enough to the versions we’re familiar with. Also, there are definitely more characters than what we are initially teased – one issue is solely focused on Barbara Gordon/Oracle.

12 Likes

This sounds great! I see ads for Webtoon all the time but have never used it. I will definitely have to check it out now.

8 Likes

I’ve been wanting batdad stuff for a while now so I’ll check it out but I’m kind of bummed it’s digital only

9 Likes

Something tells me this was probably a success…

And that’s after just over four hours.

10 Likes

I missed this original announcement so thank you for posting this today. I just read the first three chapters and they’re amazing!

Anyone know if there is a chance the next chapters will eventually be available for free?

Edit: I downloaded the app and it says that the next chapter will be available in 7 days. So, I guess that means you can buy them with coins a week earlier or just wait them out.

9 Likes

Sounds nifty. Thanks for the heads -up, @Jay_Kay! :+1:t2:

3 Likes

One of the artists showed their character designs for the series:

11 Likes

So I just blasted through this comic and all my coins just fell out of my pocket! This is amazing! Im glad it’s successful so far and I hope we can get more of these for other DC characters!!!

12 Likes

Ok I need to scream about this y’all! IT WAS PERFECTION! I’m loving seeing little pockets of the fandom go absolutely feral over this too!

I’ll try to not spoil anything but I read all 6 chapters available now. Ngl when the collab was first announced I was skeptical, I used to live on webtoon but I had lost favor with it a couple years ago. I’m so glad I redownloaded the app and read this comic because oh man is it absolutely everything I’ve wanted from DC! :sob::pray:

10 Likes

This is super interesting to see vs what ended up in the webtoon. The way all the characters were represented, drawn, and colored…perfect!

9 Likes

Saw this yesterday. It was great. Definitely looking forward to more.
(Honestly think it would make a great animated tv show)

7 Likes

Oh yea big time! I’m hoping the upcoming Superman show will be like that!

5 Likes

Ooh yes that looks good too, I think your right. I’m expecting a fast pace sitcom style show like Harley Quinn but with Wayne Family Adventures level of wholesome shenanigans :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

What’s a webtoon?

2 Likes

Webtoon is a digital comics site/app. It’s different from the others in that it’s largely a free service where you can pay to access past the weekly installments, and it’s known to instead of being multiple pages like regular comics, but one long image that you scroll down, making it ideal to read on your smartphone.

5 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

There are so many incredible comics on there it’s impressive and frankly surprising! Many are done by one person or a very small team of young artists.

6 Likes

Do you have any recommendations for good comics on there?

2 Likes