DC and Webtoon Announce First Title – Batman: Wayne Family Adventures

For Webtoons its pretty common. Typically they don’t make these announcements until they already have a hefty backlog of chapters already in the pipeline for people to purchase to those who have the money and lack the patience. Then when they announce it out of the blue it can encourage people to impulse jump in, see the chapters in the pipeline, and buy on sight. It works pretty well for them as a financial tactic.

7 Likes

That makes some sense! I know that DC has these series long planned and a lot of episodes in advance, but I’m always curious about the business dynamics one when announcements are made and when launches are launched. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I hope this goes to print

3 Likes

I just read a bunch of these. They make me happy. :slight_smile:

My favorite new episode is Online, starring Babs and Jason. Their dynamic is great and I hope that blackmail movie night gets referenced and shared later!

I also really liked bunny Nightwing flipping around, Bruce’s understanding that he isn’t alone, Damian wanting a nice picture for Bruce to keep on his desk, and Dick driving the younger ones to school.:smile:

I do miss the original artist though. Some of the art is still really cute and fun, but other images (usually people) are just different enough to look slightly off/wrong.

6 Likes

A favorite element of mine is how the artist actually made an effort to make the batboys look distinct from one another. A frequent complaint I have with the Batbooks is how some artists will make Bruce, Tim, Dick, Jason, and Damien look identical to one another. Like, ‘copy paste’ identical to one another to the point its impossible to tell which is which.

Giving them all unique designs and playing with elements like skin tone really does wonders.

9 Likes

I agree! Build, hair style, facial features, and coloration (aside from clothes/costumes) should all be used to keep them from being mini-mes. This is one of my pet peeves, even with artists I really like. For example, height is often inconsistently portrayed in the comics for Dick and Jason. I think some artists draw Dick taller to convey the age order, but he’s actually supposed to be shorter (5’10") than Jason (6’0").

8 Likes

I really hope one of the future Webtoons winds up being something focused on the Amazons. Its been a delight to have Grace and Artemis as supporting characters in existing series, but id LOVE to see a webtoon just focused on the different Amazons

5 Likes

DC has caused me to basically drop all my other Webtoon readings cuz theirs are really good and I don’t have time for everything. Not sure how I feel about it. :sweat_smile:

Also @DC89, I thought of you while reading the latest Vixen Webtoon:

6 Likes

Rae Rae! :purple_heart:
:00_teen_titans: :0_raven:

5 Likes

Duke Thomas owns the Animal Crossing special edition Nintendo Switch, which officially makes him my favorite Bat Family member:

7 Likes

Hey @Row.Harper, did you read the latest Wayne Family Adventures episode yet? :blue_heart:

8 Likes

I did! I was so happy to see a Harper focused episode! Hopefully, there are plenty more to come!

7 Likes

The paywall had a Thanksgiving themed episode drop yesterday, too! And Red Hood: Outlaw got referenced (and the current arc of Red Hood: Outlaw is pretty cool!)

6 Likes

I was so happy to see a Tim and Damian focused episode today!

I love what this series chooses to focus on. It is a lot of things that DC either can’t or hasn’t been able to do lately. And this series is able to focus on it in such small and condense ways. It’s great.

7 Likes

-jokingly considers starting a petition for a Steph spinoff-

6 Likes

No joke, let’s do it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

woot woot

4 Likes

I never thought I wanted to see more of Luke Fox, Tim Drake, and Duke Thomas in a scene together than I did with #39
It’s really interesting to see Luke as a teacher given his relative distance from the Bat-family in the comics but I really do love seeing Luke educating Duke Thomas on crime-fighting. I don’t believe these two ever had a interaction in continuity but man I wish they did.

I do love despite being a genius himself, Luke goes for a pragmatic way of disguising your double life from interfering with their regular life. Using his MMA status to hide injuries someone might question about.

While poor Tim being a overthinker he is has to come up with a bizarre scenario where he has to create a overly complicated alibi where he fakes his injury and has to go to physical therapy and make bogus appointments that goes on for months.

2 Likes

Dear @Razzzcat, you should really check out the newest Wayne Family Adventures comic… :green_heart:

Bonus:

(I love everyone’s look in this comic so much. :blush:)

7 Likes

I don’t remember seeing a Red Hood specific thread for Webtoons, so anyone feel free to direct me to it if I am wrong. But has anyone else read #28 of Red Hood and the Outlaws??

I’m not sure what to think anymore. :sob:

3 Likes