DC and Webtoon Announce First Title – Batman: Wayne Family Adventures

5 Likes

Webtoons! We are taking over the toons on the web! I’m kinda bummed that Vixen is 7 coins per week, though.

2 Likes

Really? That’s surprising – I would think of the two DC Webtoon series, it would be WFA that’s 7 because it’s more popular.

Haven’t watched the video yet, just going from the title, I don’t know if I can fully agree. Like, these books are nice little dopamine hits, but I just don’t think there’s enough for me to pay money for it, unlike the other DC Batman books.

1 Like

Well, WFA is the only comic I currently spend coins on, so I did buy an initial 100 coins, but I mostly just do the weekly free coin activities, so I’m still at about 50 coins left since last September.

2 Likes

Question for those of you who are reading it: how many issues of WFA are currently out? I haven’t read any of it yet because I wanted to wait until plenty of issues released so I didn’t have to worry about waiting for the next issue, like to binge read or something. Though with the topic of coins, is there a daily limit on how many coins you can get until you decide to buy more? I’ve never used Webtoons before, but I know some other storytelling apps/games have a similar daily system like that.

4 Likes

There are currently 42 issues, although they all go by very quickly.

3 Likes

Gotcha. Thank you! :blush:

3 Likes

Coins are usually bought with real world money. You can earn somewhere between 2 and 6 coins per week, usually on Sundays, by reading new series that they will highlight for you in the main menu screen on your phone (coins are only for mobile).

3 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

3 Likes

And a big thank you to @Jay_Kay for posting the link to the comic in earlier posts on the thread. I used it last night to start reading some and… I shortly found myself calling it a night at issue 25 :sweat_smile:

Needless to say, it’s fun, I love it, and now that I’ve read some of it, I can now join the cool kids table finally :laughing:

6 Likes

I have all of the issues up to this point (which took less than 24 hours) and… I’m in love (again).

Seriously, the way they draw Jason… he’s so hot it’s practically illegal :heart_eyes:

I love him :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

tenor

4 Likes

I’m on my way! Save me a seat!

466C45D1-290E-484C-9CC4-188F59D42DFA

6 Likes

The release dates for Zatanna and the Ripper and Red Hood and the Outlaws has been announced!

Zatanna - July 11th and Outlaws - August 14th

7 Likes

8251A144-10AA-4B1B-9396-594AAFDE47E8

6 Likes

Very, very excited! Loving WFA and Vixen - can’t wait to add Zatanna and Red Hood. (Though I still think a Kent Family Adventures and Prince Family Adventures strip should happen too :slight_smile: )

6 Likes

Please make my dreams come true here, Webtoon. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I’d love to see Superman and Wonder Woman stories on the platform, but I wouldn’t want them to copy too much of Wayne Family Adventures.

Superman I could see working as a workplace comedy set around the Daily Planet, focusing around Clark, Lois, Jimmy, etc, trying to cover the news and have Superman show up when his presence is needed for the story. Maybe set it early on so that Lois doesn’t know who Clark is and set up their relationship.

Wonder Woman…maybe that one could be more of a regular romance story? Like a modern version of the Golden Age WWII stories, with a fish out of water Wonder Woman fighting Nazis and having to deal with Steve ignoring Diana Prince but adoring Wonder Woman?

4 Likes

When it comes to a Wonder Woman story, I feel like alot of the conceit could lean into how spread out her family is compared to the other heroes. She doesn’t really have just one city and home where everyone she knows remains.

Telling stories focused on those in her life like Hippolyta, Steve, Etta, Cassie, Ferdinand, Peony, Julia, Maggie, Nubia…And how Wonder Woman weaves in and out of their lives as she goes from place to place doing what she can to help the world.

2 Likes

On that note, you could just have the whole series being Diana flying around in the Invisible Jet to visit everyone else in her family. Or she could have a different family member with her each issue, and you could call the series “Superheroes in Invisible Jets Getting Ambrosia” (that seems like something Amazons would drink, I could be wrong though).

5 Likes