DC and Webtoon Announce First Title – Batman: Wayne Family Adventures

I’m not a big romance fan but give me this story and I’ll read every issue.

3 Likes

Thats more of a light novel title, but I love the energy~!

3 Likes

I have to say I don’t love this aspect of the older WW stories. I just find it very hard to swallow that Steve can’t tell they’re the same person.

tumblr_osieobPhAM1qllxuco3_r1_250

If they modernized things and made Steve a bit more believable though, I’d be happy with a romance Wonder Woman Webtoon. (Who am I kidding, I will read it regardless. :sweat_smile:)

I definitely wish the current WW run had more romance in it, so this would certainly fill a gap for me. :world_of_wonder:

2 Likes

Mythology nerd nitpick: Ambrosia was the food of the gods. Nectar was the drink.

You’d think the gods would have a Five Guys on hand, but what do I know?

2 Likes

Me, after reading #45 this week:

80edd91965c8240563279e7f7da37eed

I did not anticipate things getting real.

5 Likes

I thought of you after reading it. Are you okay? :blue_heart:

But, yeah, this series does a great job of having hilarious chapters and very serious chapters and it flows really well.

4 Likes

I am, and I’m looking forward to the next part :blush:

4 Likes

I wanted to talk to you about that episode but I’ve been paying coins so I’m a few weeks ahead. :hugs:

3 Likes

I will happily talk about it :grin:

3 Likes

Well mostly I was just once again amazed at how this comic handles relevant issues with superheroes, and does it in a very sensitive way. Seeing your boy suffering from PTSD gave me a new appreciation for him. :heart:

3 Likes

Definitely. Even in other issues I liked how they tackled certain things that we as people relate to. Like Duke’s crush, Tim being nervous to hold Bernard’s hand, Damian struggling with making friends, Stephanie’s imposter syndrome, etc… these are things that I think people struggle with day-to-day or have at least once or twice at some point.

I will say though, this version of Jason in this comic, that’s the Jason that I know and fell in love with. This is what I see when I see him, even in canon, because I’m not just a fan of Red Hood, I’m a fan of the guy underneath the hood :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Absolutely! I love this comic so much. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

There was a fun twist on this back in the Mishkin era where Diana Prince was being pursued by another dude by the name of Keith Griggs who was head over heels for Diana…But despised Wonder Woman and thought she was a menace! :laughing:

Regarding Wayne Family Adventures, I was surprised to realize this is the first time ive actually seen Jason Todd ever having to deal with PTSD over what he has been through. Usually its played for laughs or established as a motivation for him to be angry and hate Bruce/Joker. With nobody really sympathizing for him.
This was VERY organic.

3 Likes

Agreed. As I was reading through the series I noticed that each member gets a two issue part that is solely focused on them and a situation, which I think is neat, because as funny as the shenanigans are, people like to see more insight on that character. Of course, my brain goes “okay, at some point Jason is going to have his two part issues about him, I wonder what they’re gonna do.”

Needless to say, I was not prepared, but I was very blown away, and I think they did a good job portraying it the way it did.

4 Likes

Oh wow! I did not make that connection. :o
so lets see…so far they have done Signal, Damien, Cassandra, Stephanie, Tim, Dick, and now Jason…

Their definitely going to do those for Oracle and Alfred, though I wonder how many other characters will get that treatment… Batwomans been popping up here and there. Likewise Catwoman. The Thankgiving comic did show us Luke Fox, Bluebird, and Bette Kane…

4 Likes

Oracle is in progress right now, Alfred would be great (though I think there was one where Alfred hung out with the Kents that was great). Catwoman would be very interesting!

4 Likes

I hope Bette Kane and Bluebird get their moments in this. They sadly get overlooked in the comics usually.

5 Likes

For those who are paying coins to read ahead, we just found out that Season 1 of WFA is coming to an end! I am sad, but hope that this means Season 2 will be coming!

4 Likes

I’m sad but also a little relieved because now I can just be on pace with everyone else not paying coins when season 2 starts up. :sweat_smile:

This is the vicious cycle of coins, for anyone who hasn’t gone down this road yet - you wind up a month or so ahead of the free episodes, so if you ever want to stop paying, it’s a looooong wait till you get another new episode to read.

3 Likes

It is definitely designed to have a self-reinforcing subscription effect - but if you’re only paying coins for one or two series, you can easily do all the activities to get free coins to keep up - I’ve only paid for one set of coins, and I’ve kept completely up with WFA.

I am betting season 2 will startup at 7 coins, though. We’ll see if I can keep up at that pace! And if I decide to pay for Zatanna instead or in addition! (WFA has Steph, so the incentive is higher for WFA, but Zatanna sounds super cool)

5 Likes