DC and Webtoon Announce First Title – Batman: Wayne Family Adventures

I hope they do more webtoons like this.
Im really looking forward to the more action story Zatanna and Vixen comics we have coming, but id love to see a slice of life family webcomic like this for some of the other characters with big families of supporting cast like Superman or Wonder Woman.

4 Likes

Only two more days till Vixen starts! Very excited!

4 Likes

Oh, thanks for the countdown! I forgot. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

LOL that looks amazing so far!! This peeks my interest even more now- thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

Yes! For those who haven’t seen it yet, here’s Vixen NYC! Vixen: NYC | WEBTOON

I really enjoyed it!

Plus an animated trailer:

5 Likes

Yes, it’s soooo great! It’s different from the Batfam comic in that it starts off the bat (pun intended) setting up an longer form of story telling rather than the short day in the life version in Gotham. I think its really perfect to have both versions on the platform! It goes to show how versatile superhero comics can be! Loving the fun lighthearted nature of both!

5 Likes

Yes, I like the way it’s an actual story, instead of just cut gag a week strips. The sheer number of cameos is hilarious, though. I’m hopeful that they have a relatively long run planned - at least a year (52 weeks). But we’ll see - the writer seemed to indicate that she was already done, but maybe I’m misreading that.

4 Likes

Read the Vixen one and it very awesome™:+1:. Reminds me if the mid to early 2000s action cartoons with the fun adventures and overarching story. Really like the world they’re building.

4 Likes

Yes! I was actually thinking the same thing! It’s actually reminding me of Teen Titans or Static where it feels like we’re going to deal with some real issues but have as much fun as possible along the way!

3 Likes

Definitely a solid start for the series, I’m definitely invested to see where Mari’s story goes next. I am curious to see just how many more DCU characters we might see here. I could see more animal or magic themed characters showing up here.

6 Likes

The article says: “The new series is the latest in WEBTOON and DC’s long history of collaborations, which have previously resulted in popular titles such as Batman: Wayne Family Adventures.” Are there other titles I’ve missed, or was this badly worded?

2 Likes

No, there are two more planned - a Red Hood and a Zatanna series, both schedulled to come out in the next 3 months. Wayne Family Adventures is the only other one currently available.

2 Likes

But what is the “long history of collaborations” if Wayne Family only debuted in September? Were there other series before it from DC or Warner in general?

2 Likes

I mean…longish? I think the marketer is exaggerating, honestly.

2 Likes

So the artist for the upcoming Outlaws title has posted some practice sketches of the lead characters and…is it getting hot in here, or…? :hot_face:

8 Likes

That Jason though…
:eyes::eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

I kind of adore this. ARTEMIS AGAIN! :slight_smile:

Still most excited for Zatanna, but just got a huge boost of excitement for Red Hood!

3 Likes

They all got it, though. Even meme-face Bizarro eating chicken wings.

4 Likes

Very excited for this. This outlaws team was the best. Can’t wait to see them back together.

2 Likes

2 Likes