DC and Webtoon Announce First Title – Batman: Wayne Family Adventures

I think we’ve been mostly talking about all of the webtoons in this thread. I’m a bit behind in my Red Hood reading, sadly - what happened?

5 Likes

Basically Jason got pushed to the brink and killed someone. Then the comic faded out and blinks “Simulation ended.” So, I’m not sure how long Jason has been in a simulation, or how much of the comic has been ‘real’. But it was really done well.

3 Likes

I was a little behind on this book but got caught up because of your comments. I’m willing to guess that the events of the most recent strip is most likely the extent of the simulation, but I guess we’ll find out in 6 days.

3 Likes

That’s probably a good guess. And makes way more sense than mine. I’m wondering if the simulation is Bruce’s doing. And it has been in place since the JL ‘left’ near the beginning of the series. He wanted to see what it would take to push Jason over the edge. :woman_shrugging:

But, you’re right, we’ll find out in 6 days!

3 Likes

Let me just say, Batman: Wayne Family Adventures ep. 71 was awesome. I feel like we haven’t talked nearly enough about Batcat meaning that the Batkids have Selina as a stepmom.

5 Likes

That was indeed super awesome! The competition between Steph and Damian really felt like a throwback to Batgirl #5-7 and #17! My favorite Batgirl and Robin dynamic!

4 Likes

Just read that. Was really cool. Like the animation with it too. Definitely curious how much of this has been Simulation.

2 Likes

DC Webtoons are coming to print! I’m very curious to see how they do, and if they reach a new market!

8 Likes

Very interesting news, hope they do well!

5 Likes

Thank you! I’m so late to the game on this but now I have so much great stuff to read! Might be able to get my 2.5yo into comics with this!

8 Likes

Im still waiting for my Wonder Woman webtoon DC~

5 Likes

I’m waiting for young justice or teen Titans. A group of young heroes fighting the bad guys or just them hanging out is ripe for potential.

5 Likes

I don’t quite know why they don’t have a Superman and Wonder Woman webtoon.

5 Likes

So with the Vixen and Zatanna webtoons ending in a matter of weeks, does anyone know if new ones are in the pipeline?

6 Likes

I didn’t hear they were ending - was there an announcement?

4 Likes

In the ‘fast pass’ part where you can pay to see chapters ahead of time, the final one for either one is labeled ‘Series Finale’
Zatanna in particular only has two more episodes left.

4 Likes

they don’t announce right away they only say a month or so before the next season

3 Likes

Ah, I see. That’s very interesting that they say “series” and not “season” finale - meaning that they are wrapping up the whole stories.

I hope we hear of some new projects soon!

6 Likes

oh thats to bad

4 Likes

Just finished Zatanna and Vixen.

Great stories. I enjoyed the art a lot from both. Going to miss them.

Vixens was a fun rookie adventure. Nice action and cool showing the other side of heroing. The characters were great and the end was fun.

Really liked Zatanna. Enjoyed the magic of it. The mystery and fun. The end was nice. The reveals were cool and just as vixen really liked the characters.

5 Likes